Chapter 182: Park Taejoo's EQ isn't very high

Because of everything that happened, Yeji realized the potential value Jooeun possessed. So she wanted to find a secret of Jooeun to hold on to, hoping that someday it may help her control her.

The day before their trip to London, Minjung was a bit distressed as she told Jooeun. "I've realized recently, someone's been stalking me."

Jooeun tensed her eyebrows. She had a feeling she knew why Minjung was being stalked. Yeji must have suspected that her and Taejoo's relationship was fake.

"So many days have passed since the incident. Have you not seen Taejoo oppa even once?" Jooeun asked.

"Well, that day. The day that I brought my grandfather home, Taejoo was waiting in the cold outside my house out of kindness. He simply wanted to see if we were safe. But grandfather believed the words of Yeji and that jerk. They said I was Taejoo's mistress. Now my grandfather refuses to leave Seoul and insists on keeping me under observation."

"Unnie, the only reason we got Taejoo oppa to announce he was your fiancée, was not only to cover for Jeonghwan and me but also to protect you. If you feel bothered by it..."

"No, I'm not bothered at all. In fact, I feel like Taejoo has suffered a loss from this entire situation." Minjung waved her hand quickly.

"Then what if we pretend that you two are living together?"

"Huh?"

"It just pretends..." In reality, Jooeun had already sensed that her unnie had a tiny inkling of interest in Taejoo. So she wanted to take advantage of the situation to create an opportunity for them.

"I...I'm afraid this isn't such a good idea." Minjung's cheeks flushed red.

"You are an engaged couple. It's official."

After hearing this, Minjung was stunned as she waved her hands vigorously. "Jooeun, don't do this. Otherwise, things will be even more awkward between Taejoo and me. I truly think of him as a friend. If you want me to play along with your act, I am happy to coordinate. But if you want me to pretend to cohabit with him, that's gone a little overboard."

Jooeun was in the middle of packing her luggage. After hearing Minjung's explanation, she nodded her head. "Don't blame me for not giving you a chance."

"What are you talking about? Taejoo is younger than I am." Minjung acted like she heard something ridiculous. But in reality, the more flustered she was, the more obvious it was that she had the slightest hope something would happen. It was just that she felt she didn't compare to him. So she was feeling a little inferior.

"When I come back, I'll ask Taejoo oppa what type of girl he is interested in."

"Eh? Isn't Big Boss accompanying you?" In order to make things less awkward, Minjung quickly changed the topic. Jooeun thought about all the invitations and appointments sitting on Jeonghwan's desk and shook her head.

"It's almost the end of the year and events are popping up rapidly. I don't want him to be tired. Plus, to prevent him from following me, I've brought my flight forward a little. Don't forget."

"Don't worry, I've already packed everything." Minjung felt like she could finally relax now that Jooeun's no longer lingered around the topic of her and Taejoo.

Not only was she almost 30, not highly educated, and without achievements, most importantly, she enjoyed eating too much. She felt it was impossible for an elite like Taejoo to be interested in her. Sometimes, she felt the impulse to chase after something amazing. But she felt she was already past the age where she would throw herself into a situation even though she knew she stood no chance.

Not long after Minjung left Nine One Hannam, Taejoo appeared with a plate of fresh sashimi that was air freighted straight from Japan. Seeing Jooeun all alone in the living room, his expression was dull. "Wasn't Minjung's here just a moment ago? How come she's gone?"

Jooeun looked at the sashimi. It was obvious, with her nutritious diet plan, there was no way she would eat this. So she smiled at Taejoo. "She just left for home. How about you chase after her?"

"Oh! Forget about it then." Taejoo replied.

"Oppa, can you be honest with me? Towards unnie..."

"Oh that..." before Jooeun could finish, Taejoo awkwardly cut in. He looked down at his well-polished leather shoes and replied. "After seeing her being bullied, I was just feeling a bit of sympathy towards her."

"Just sympathy?"

"What else could there be?"

Jooeun lowered her head helplessly. She had known that Taejoo's EQ wasn't very high a long time ago, but this was way too low!

"It's nothing. I can't eat any of this. Go and give them to Minjung unnie."

"What if her grandfather misunderstands? I don't think I should." After speaking, Taejoo turned around and left Nine One Hannam. Jooeun was left staring blankly at the plate of fresh sashimi.

At this time, Jeonghwan came out of the study room after finishing off his work. Seeing Jooeun looking a little helpless, he couldn't help but hug her from behind. "What's wrong?"

"You don't like to eat this either, right?" Jooeun replied as she pulled out her phone and called Minjung.

"Taejoo oppa delivered a whole plate of fresh sashimi, do you want to take it home and savor it?"

Minjung had just arrived home. She found herself not focusing on the sashimi, but Taejoo. She realized she felt a little restless when she thought of him. But after holding back her feelings for a moment, she still felt things weren't right as she rejected Jooeun. "I'll have to give it a miss, I'm already home."

"I can't eat it and Jeonghwan doesn't like it. If you don't take it, I'll have to throw it out."

"No no, don't throw it out. I'll come right away." Minjung quickly changed her clothes and returned to Nine One Hannam. She quickly packed all the sashimi from Taejoo and took them home. But she did not eat any of it. Instead, she cherishingly placed the sashimi into the freezer.

When someone has feelings for another person, even if they were to give them something as simple as a tissue to wipe away their sweat, they would cherish it and hold onto it. They would let it dry and keep it as a memory, right?

After bathing herself, Jooeun lay on the bed and thought about the situation between Minjung and Taejoo. Suddenly, she felt a chill sweep past her chest. It turned out, Jeonghwan had removed her robe without her even noticing. His warm hands ran down her body before pulling her into his embrace.

Jooeun looked at Jeonghwan. His eyes looked a little hazy and a little agitated. Of course, it also contained a trace of anticipation.

"Since you have to go away for so long, shouldn't you make up for it in advance?"

In reality, Jeonghwan didn't need to ask her. Jooeun's desire for him was equally strong. When two people truly loved each other, even a simple glance would be enough to stir up a tsunami of emotions. In an instant, two robes were strewn across the pure white bed. Amongst the darkness, the firmly pressed bodies, the mingling sweat, and the intertwined fingers made this exchange of love appear extra intense and passionate, making one's face blush and heart race.

The couple did not like to talk, so Jeonghwan was more accustomed to Jooeun's soft moans and pants. Especially when she hit her climax, she would uncontrollably bite his shoulder, making Jeonghwan love her from head to toe all over again. He wanted to be like this with her until the end of time. As for Jooeun, the thing that moved her the most was that no matter what Jeonghwan desired, after coming down from their climax, no matter how vulnerable they both felt, he would still pull her sweaty body into his embrace.