Chapter 150: Destroy Those That Get in the Way!

Kangjun waited for a phone call from Yeji after deciding to use Sublime's photography team. Meanwhile, he also gained Harper's support and assistance to quickly complete the November cover shoot. Logically speaking, the fact that Harper's people had caused such a commotion with a model, it was normal for news to rapidly spread. But Editor Choi and Kangjun had a mutual understanding. With Lee Jeonghwan's involvement, Harper's could only listen to Kangjun's arrangements. Not to mention, everything started because of Harper's photographer deliberately messing with Jooeun.

Later that night, Yeji's phone call finally came through. But the first thing that came out of her mouth was a question for Kangjun. "Why did you decide to use the company's photography team without first discussing with me?"

Kangjun was stunned for a moment as the smile on his face disappeared. He replied in an extremely serious tone, "Because Jooeun was put in a difficult position by Harper's and had a huge disagreement with the photographer."

"Kangjun, you know that Fearless has always been used by Ahn Hani. Do you know how awkward I was when Hani came to question me about this?" Yeji asked as she tried to suppress her anger.

"Because it was urgent, I thought..."

"No matter how urgent it is, the company still has its rules and procedures. I'll let it go this time, but I don't want it to happen again." Yeji warned in a serious tone.

Kangjun was quiet for a moment before suddenly saying, "Yeji, all of a sudden I feel like I don't quite understand you."

Maybe because Yeji realized she was being a bit too harsh, she quickly added, "If you were in my position, you would know how hard things are."

Kangjun sneered without saying anything else. But he could sense that Yeji had obviously changed. That night, he did not sleep as he investigated Jooeun and Jeonghwan's relationship as well as Jooeun's journey up to this point. He discovered Jooeun's change began from the SHe Show. In fact, from that time, it wasn't hard to see that Lee Jeonghwan had more or less involved himself in Jooeun's career. The first time was at the SHe Show when Jooeun's identity was exposed. The second was at the Bright Night Gala when they took a photo together. The third was when Jung Ryeowon tried to frame Jooeun for creating hype with Jeonghwan and GK stepped out to slap her across the face. Then there was the time when GK's Artists Director stuck up for Jooeun during the bed-climbing scandal. And the list went on, yet, here he was, thinking Jeonghwan did not care about Jooeun. In actual fact, Jeonghwan had done more than enough behind the scenes.

Looking back at how Jooeun joined Sublime, he realized, when Yeji first found out Jooeun was joining JYP, she did not persist. Afterward, she only wanted Jooeun because she wanted to upset Hyomin and Bohyun. Now that there was no one around to threaten her authority, she was beginning to fear and be wary of Jooeun. As for bringing him back to the agency, it was merely because she needed someone to keep Bohyun in check.

He had already fought side-by-side with Yeji for many years. Although he knew it wasn't easy for a woman to carry such a big entertainment agency on her shoulders, being treated as a chess piece wasn't a feeling that anyone could enjoy. Today, he had merely put a photography team to use. If he had done something more serious, how would Yeji have reacted? He couldn't imagine.

The next morning, he was about to pick up the photography team and Harper's General Manager from the airport. However, Jeonghwan instructed Minjung to tell him to wait in the hotel lobby. He sat inside the magnificently grand lobby. Not long after, Jeonghwan appeared wearing a black trench coat and sat opposite him.

Kangjun didn't know Jeonghwan's intention, so he waited patiently for him to speak. After removing his leather gloves, Jeonghwan leaned against the sofa. His powerful presence was incomparable. "I'm sure you are already aware of the relationship between Jooeun and me. But now is the time for you to make a decision."

"I don't quite understand."

"You don't understand?" Jeonghwan looked into his eyes as he spoke in a cold tone. "Sublime is merely a stepping stone for Jooeun. As for how Yeji views Jooeun, I thought you knew."

Jeonghwan wanted Kangjun to choose between Yeji and Jooeun. If he chose to support Jooeun, his relationship with Yeji would eventually come to an end. After all, once a manager's heart is no longer with its agency, it will become the biggest hidden danger for the agency. Above all, Kangjun was not Minjung. Between men, they understood each other, so Jeonghwan had to be extra careful.

However, even though Yeji was no longer the same Yeji, he still had a debt of gratitude towards her. So it was hard for Kangjun to suddenly betray her. "Give me some time to think about it."

"Up to you."

Jeonghwan knew the more Kangjun hesitated, the more faith he would have in Yeji and, in the end, the more he would be disappointed.

"Does Jooeun know about this?"

"What do you think?" Jeonghwan threw a question back at him.

Kangjun couldn't help but smile. "Jooeun has always been the most switched on."

No matter what, the biggest priority for Kangjun was to make Jooeun into a supermodel. As for his conflict with Yeji, it was settled for now. So in the end, Harper's shoot was relatively successful. The only problem was, Hani continued to question Yeji repeatedly.

"President Seo, Cha Jooeun borrowed my team. How does she intend to pay me back?"

"Hani, you should know this team belongs to the entire agency. So there was nothing wrong with Kangjun using them." Yeji explained.

"Fine..." Hani sneered as she left the office resentfully.

She already knew what happened with Harper's photographer. However, the man was too afraid to mention anything about Lee Jeonghwan. So Hani assumed that Jooeun had merely decided to change the photography team. But how was the shoot going to turn out? She wasn't going to admit defeat until the magazine was actually published and distributed.

Kangjun could roughly guess how Hani's expression was like. But right now, he had something to learn from Jooeun. It was to destroy anyone that got in his way!

After the Moscow trip was over, Jooeun was scheduled to film a commercial for a famous jewelry brand. She was especially looking forward to this job. However, the night before returning home, Kangjun found out that Jooeun was only endorsing the wedding ring series, whereas, Hani had secured the international spokesperson role.

It seemed, Hani was using this as a means to let Jooeun know, this is how an international model is like and this is what you call an A-Grade model.

Kangjun originally intended on rejecting the jewelry endorsement, but Jooeun quickly told him, "Accept it..."

But this was obviously announcing to the world that Cha Jooeun was below Ahn Hani. And not only that, their distance wasn't small. 

Kangjun looked behind her at Jeonghwan, hoping he would say something to stop her. But he acted as usual and supported her.

Why? Because he had a plan.

"Kangjun, I no longer have the energy to fight with her. I merely want to challenge myself. Plus, I honestly like this jewelry brand." Jooeun had no idea what Jeonghwan had planned, she just wanted to seriously express her thoughts to Kangjun.

Like? It's good that you like it. Jeonghwan thought without revealing anything.