Chapter 108: Park Hyomin Makes a Move Again

Jooeun contemplated for a moment before nodding her head. "I didn't receive an invite, so what identity will I be going as?"

"Taejoo has already prepared everything. The event will be at 7 PM tomorrow night, don't be late."

Jooeun lay on Jeonghwan's chest. Because of the intense activity they had just completed, she's extremely tired. Not long after, she closed her eyes and fell asleep. Jeonghwan gently stroked Jooeun's back and placed a kiss on her forehead. He stared at her closed eyes for a little while before reaching out his hand to turn off the bedside lamp and falling asleep with Jooeun in his arms.

Why did Jeonghwan insist on attending with Jooeun? It's because he knew Sublime's CEO, Seo Yeji, would also be attending. If the auditions are to be held by Park Hyomin, then she would definitely prevent Jooeun from succeeding. So he decided to let Jooeun declare her intention in front of Seo Yeji, in case she got rejected by Park Hyomin before her portfolio even reached her. As her husband, and as the only person she could rely on, Jeonghwan had to make the best of every situation. Whenever he saw an opportunity for Jooeun, he would take it.

Of course, Jeonghwan's thoughts were correct.

While entering candidate details into the system, Sublime's HR team noticed Jooeun's portfolio. One of the HR staff excitedly handed the information over to Hyomin. Hyomin called the staff member into her office. Holding Jooeun's portfolio in her hand, she looked at the staff member through her black-framed glasses. The look in her eyes is cunning and calculative. "Although I also feel it is a shame, the truth is, Cha Jooeun is too old. She does not comply with our selection criteria. So I know it is harsh, but we will need to reject her!"

Hearing this, the staff felt like she had been put in a difficult position. "How about we ask President Seo first?"

"No need. A small matter like this, even if it goes to President Seo, would end up with the same result. Don't bother her." After speaking, Hyomin shredded Jooeun's portfolio and threw it in her rubbish bin. "Also, this matter, don't tell anyone about it for now. Cha Jooeun is currently being fought over by multiple famous agencies. Since we won't be accepting her, we don't want to humiliate her. Understood?"

"Yes, I understand." the staff member nodded her head before leaving the office.

Although the staff member agreed verbally, inside she still felt Hyomin's reasoning is a bit far-fetched but she couldn't figure what's wrong. This is the last round of applications. If Cha Jooeun is to be rejected, she would never get the chance again. Under these circumstances, the staff member still felt uneasy. So she decided to go to Bohyun's office. Seeing he's busy with work, she originally decided to leave, but Bohyun stopped her. "What is it?"

"You see Mr. Ahn. Earlier today I received a portfolio from Cha Jooeun. But Miss Park claimed Cha Jooeun is too old and shredded it up. I've seen Cha Jooeun on the runway before and I feel it is a bit of a shame for Miss Park to do that." She replied honestly.

Upon hearing her response, a sneer appeared across Bohyun's face. He knew Hyomin would do something like this, he just didn't expect she would directly reject her. It seemed Cha Jooeun had not taught her enough of a lesson. However, Bohyun did not intend on helping Cha Jooeun. Since Cha Jooeun is fated to meet the evil Park Hyomin, he's going to let them fight among themselves. If Cha Jooeun handed her portfolio in even though she knew Hyomin is at Sublime, then she's really not worth paying attention to.

So after staring blankly for a moment, he finally responded. "I don't think what Hyomin said is wrong."

The staff member did not expect him to answer in this way, but in the end, she still accepted it. "In that case, I'll go delete her details now."

"No need to delete it. Since it is part of the normal selection process, then leave it as it is. Cha Jooeun is indeed too old, but it's not like she has anything to hide. Just reply to her by email as usual; she still deserves a bit of respect."

The staff member had no idea what he had planned. All she could do was smile as she nodded her head. It's obvious, although Hyomin had stolen his job of auditioning newcomers, the staff still trusted Bohyun more.

But never would they have imagined, the person in charge of Cha Jooeun's emails is Lee Jeonghwan. As soon as Sublime sent their reply, Jeonghwan saw it.

As expected, Jooeun was rejected. The reason for rejection is that Jooeun had surpassed the age limit and did not comply with Sublime's selection criteria. Jeonghwan stared at the computer screen as he let out a laugh. No matter how crazy Seo Yeji is, she would never reject Jooeun. So obviously, Park Hyomin must have done something behind her back. It's exactly because of this that he had asked Jooeun to attend the charity event with him. The fact that Jooeun had sent her portfolio to Sublime, he's going to make it known to Seo Yeji.

Not long after, Jeonghwan phoned Jooeun and told her to look at the email. Upon seeing the reason for her rejection, Jooeun couldn't help but scoff.

"This is the last round of applications, if you are rejected, you won't even get the chance for an interview. Tonight, Seo Yeji will also be attending the charity event."

Hearing his words, Jooeun immediately smiled. "President Lee, on the surface, you keep telling me that you'll wait for me to grow. But in reality, your heart is focused on being my manager."

"Wait until you have a manager, let's see if I will still care about your issues."

"Of course you will." Jooeun didn't believe that he would let go. "You won't be able to bear seeing me suffer."

Jeonghwan smiled as he placed his hand to his forehead helplessly. "Leave a little earlier tonight, don't be late."

"I know." After giving her response, Jooeun hung up the phone as she fell into deep thought.

"So Seo Yeji will be there as well?"

Firstly, she had to think of a way to personally get in contact with Seo Yeji. Since Park Hyomin stood in her way, she had no choice but to look for Seo Yeji directly. Although Seo Yeji may not necessarily pay attention to her, without trying, she isn't going to give up.

6 PM.

Jooeun is dressed formally as she approached the location Jeonghwan had given her with Minjung; she entered as a newcomer. At the same time, CEO Park, who had also been invited, is right behind her. Seeing this little model advance so quickly, he felt it's a little hard to accept. In reality, all those invited today are mainly successful entrepreneurs and philanthropists; there aren't many actors or singers, let alone models like Cha Jooeun. It's because most of the guests had influential backgrounds that there are also a lot of socialite ladies; they only agreed to attend because they wanted to meet Lee Jeonghwan.

Seo Yeji arrived with Ahn Bohyun by her side. Although Jooeun kept a low profile, Ahn Bohyun spotted her sitting in her seat straight away. As expected, Jooeun isn't going to be suppressed by Park Hyomin. However, Bohyun is curious how she's going to strike up a conversation with Seo Yeji. As for the Lee Jeonghwan that everyone is anticipating, where is he to be seated?