20

It was now time for the female's Grand Prix Final. I was still very nervous but I had Yuri by my side to help calm me down.

I was currently in the locker room with Lilia fixing up the finishing touches on my costume. Everything was very lively from the embroidery of the see-through black skirt to the seams exposing my chest and back. I was going for Yuri's Allegro Appassionato look this time. Some parts black and pink with red and an added color of purple. The dress only had one long sleeve while I wore one glove on my left arm to mix and match. I don't know what my deal is with them.

The makeup was light. I didn't want it but Lilia insisted. Red ruby lips and smoky silver eyeshadow. My hair was styled in a low curly ponytail with feathers on each side of my head that were clipped into my hair.

I bet that Yuri would love this.

I took a deep breath and gave Lilia a small smile.

"You look beautiful. You and Yuri have both gone past the level of prima ballerinas. I know you will do amazing out there." She said, giving me a small smile in return.

To be honest, I see Lilia as a mother figure. And I know I'm not the only one. Yuri looks up to her too. And we both thank her for everything she's done.

"Spasibo, Lilia." I muttered and gave her a small hug which she returned. She then helped me put on my coat and handed me my skate guards before we left the locker room.

I was still feeling very nervous. And my body felt so numb that I couldn't even feel myself shaking in my skates. But I tried to take deep breaths to calm myself down. I can't just quit because I'm scared. It's like what Yuri said. I skate to honor my family. And I know they wouldn't care if I win or lose. And I have to remember that. Even though that if I lose... it could mean the end of my career. Ah, fuck! I'm doing it again. Damn brain and my overthinking.

I pounded my fist against my head a couple of times while muttering 'stupid' to myself under my breath. I didn't even realize that we got to the rink until I felt someone grab my hand and stopped me from continuing to hurt myself.

"You're not stupid. Well, at times, yes. But right now, just focus on what's in front of you. Not on what's going to happen." That same Russian accent I've loved so much reassured me.

I looked up and stared into his viridian eyes and lightly smiled, nodding my head as I let out a small shaky breath. Although I really appreciate and love what he's trying to do for me, I don't know if it's enough. I still felt like I had a panic attack coming along. But I tried really hard to hold it back. Though, when it comes to Yuri, he can instantly tell when something is wrong.

He gave me a soft smile and pulled me aside, leading me to the back room again so I didn't have to see the stands full of the audience and their cheers and applause was a little muffled.

"Hey. Look at me." He demanded softly as he tilted my chin up. Fucking hate how he's a couple inches taller than me. "You'll do amazing out there. For once, don't focus on pleasing the crowd or your parents. Don't try to be like your mom. Because you can't skate like her."

"Gee, thanks. I feel so much better." I muttered sarcastically as I still felt the panic attack rising in my chest as tears stung my eyes. He just shook his head and playfully rolled his eyes.

"Because, you can only skate how you can. Don't skate like Yuridiana. Skate like Vynette." He finished as he swept a strand of hair behind my ear and kissed my cheek.

I lightly smiled and just let my emotions out. The panic attack was subsiding but I still felt a little overwhelmed. And letting everything out usually helps. And it helped more that Yuri was here. He didn't say anything nor did he try to stop me from crying. He just rubbed soothing circles on my back and wrapped his other hand around my waist as I took deep breaths.