19

(Vyn's POV)

So, after a bit more talking and reassurance, Yuri convinced me to stay in the Grand Prix final. And Lilia and Yakov were happy that I was staying too. I couldn't just let them down either. I don't want their hard work into training me be put to waste. I'll show them that I can do it.

But, I was still nervous. What if I mess up? What if I mess up so bad that I let down my whole country? And mom, dad, and Vadik. What would they think of me?

I paced around the locker room in nervousness as I slid my long glove off to bite at my nails. I held the fabric tightly in my other hand as my pure white see- through skirt swayed around my thighs. Yes, I was trying to go for Yuri's Agape look. Sue me.

I tried to take deep breaths to calm me down butI felt like I was choking. Choking on my own air. It's stupid.

Just for a moment, I wish I could hear my mom's voice telling me to calm dow and that I'll be ok as long as I stay confident and focused. I just wish they could be here. Just for a little bit. But I know they can't. I miss them dearly.

I sighed sadly as I took a deep breath and ran my sweaty fingers through my hair. I could feel my heart racing and my legs shaking as I tried not to become an emotional wreck right before the event.

But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it. My heart was beating and I felt a pang of hurt every time, my eyes became irritated and itchy yet stung with tears, my whole body was practically shaking like a leaf, and it felt like I was suffocating. It hurt to breath.

I lightly jumped when I heard the door open. I whipped my head around then sighed in relief when I say it was just Yuri.

"Hey, calm down, miss jumpy. You're gonna do great." He reassured me as he stood in front of me with a small smile on his lips.

"Y-yeah... I will." I stuttered and let out a shaky breath.

Yuri took my sweaty hand in his cold ones which actually cooled down my sweaty body a little. I couldn't help but smile even though I was still panicking on the inside. Yuri can do the simplest things and give the simplest gestures to make me calm instantly. Its one of the reasons why I love him more than Yelena. Don't know why I even brought her up.

"Now come here. You look like a mess." He chuckled.

"How sweet of you to mention that." I rolled my eyes and said in a sarcastic tone.

He playfully shook his head and sat me down on the bench before sitting next to me. He took out the hair tie from my ponytail and placed it between his lips as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I let out a small sigh of relief when I felt some of the tension and stress fade away. I closed my eyes and just sat there in silence as Yuri winded and styled my hair.

"There. Done. Now you don't look like a frazzled mess anymore." He lightly chuckled as I playfully nudged his side.

I got up and headed over to the sinks, looking in one of the mirrors to see what hairstyle he did.

I lightly smiled as I turned to my side, seeing a long braid going down to my knees with a few long strands hangin loose in front of my face. I did a small twirl, my long coat flowing around my figure as my braid swung over my shoulder. I felt really pretty.

"Thanks, Yu-Yu." I smiled as I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging me back as I moved my head to kiss his cheek.

"Sure. Now go on out there and skate. I want to see you do your absolute best, understand?"

"Yes." I lightly laughed and gave him a small peck on his lips before walking out of the locker room while putting my glove back on. "Now come on, pretty boy!"