twelve

songs for the chapter:

in my life- the beatles

can't help falling in love- elvis

kiss me slowly- parachute

Saturday came much faster than I had anticipated. Not realizing how little time I had, I was completely unprepared, with no gift for the new fiancés, no idea what to wear, and a feeling of panic.

As I scrambled around the house, my phone rang. I thought about ignoring it, but when they called again, I caved and answered the phone, without checking who it was.

"Hello?" I answered impatiently.

"Audrey?"

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"Not exactly, I'm really busy, so could you make this quick?"

Klaus chuckled. "Can I help with anything?"

"Unless you can get me a dress to wear tonight and a gift to give to them, I don't think so, but thank you for asking."

"Actually," he began, and I knew he was wearing his signature smirk. "Elijah and I thought to get them a few gifts. If you'd like, we could put your name on one."

"Would you really?"

"Of course."

"Thank you so much, Klaus!"

He laughed lightly again, and I couldn't help but wonder why he called.

"So, what's up? I mean, why did you call?"

"Oh, right. Janelle wanted to know if Dean was coming, and what time we should pick you up, or if he's giving you a ride there."

"And also what you're wearing!" Janelle's voice was heard.

"What's she doing?" I laughed at how she sounded winded.

"Who knows?" Klaus chortled. "She's running around like a madwoman."

"I'm getting ready!" she snapped, and I laughed again.

"Okay, well, to answer her questions, yes, Dean's coming, and he's picking me up, so we'll meet you guys at the party, and I have no idea what I'm wearing."

Klaus repeated the information to Janelle, and there was a muffled noise as she snatched the phone from his hands to speak to me directly.

"Shower and be ready," she said hastily. "I'll be over in an hour with some dresses for you to try."

"I can figure something out-"

"Be ready!" she cut me off, and then hung up.

Within the hour, I had showered, dried my hair, and began to curl it. When I was half way through, the doorbell rang, and I turned off the curling iron and went down the stairs to let Janelle in.

"Hello, friend," she smiled as she entered the house. "I have arrived."

"Hello," I laughed, locking the door behind her. "So what are we doing?"

"You're going to finish your hair while I do my make up, and then we're going to pick a dress out for you." She held multiple black dress bags in her arms, and she shook them excitedly.

"Great," I smiled. She rolled her eyes.

"Come on, party popper. Let's go."