thirteen

songs for the chapter:

seven nation army - the white stripes

"What are we doing for your birthday?" Janelle asked, serving me a bowl of macaroni and cheese. She covered the pot, sitting across from me at the table. Elijah and Dean were in the garage, probably talking about cars, and Janelle and I had come into the house to make something to eat. Klaus disappeared up the stairs as soon as we returned from the engagement party, telling us he was going to bed.

"Nothing," I shrugged. Birthday's were not something I was big on, and it annoyed Janelle beyond belief.

"I don't accept that." she said, sticking her fork into her bowl. "Come on, it's your seventeenth birthday! We have to do something."

"Seventeen isn't a big deal," I laughed. She glared at me.

"We have to do something!"

"I don't want to do anything."

"I have a little under two weeks to change your mind." she grinned. She took her black hair out of its ponytail, brushing her fingers through it before going back to the food in front of her.

"Or you could just drop it."

"Drop what?" Elijah asked as he and Dean entered the room.

"Shouldn't we be doing something for Audrey's seventeenth birthday?" Janelle turned to face the guys as they entered the room.

"No, we shouldn't." I groaned.

Elijah smiled at me sympathetically.

"I think we should!" Dean said, coming around the table to kiss my cheek. I rolled my eyes at him, but smiled.

"If she doesn't want to," Elijah said quietly, "We should just leave it."

Janelle sighed. "Fine," she huffed, stabbing the small noddles with her fork. "We'll do it her way."

A few hours after I had fallen asleep, I was being shaken awake, a voice whispering my name.

"Audrey,"

"Hm."

"Audrey, wake up."

"A few more minutes."

"Audrey, come on, wake up. I need you."

The voice rose slightly as the last sentence was said, and my eyes flew open, my heart dropping at the expression on his face.

"What's wrong, Sam?" I sat up, rubbing my eyes to wake myself up.

"I need your help."

"What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?" I looked him up and down, trying to see if he was hurt. A light purple bruise formed a ring around his eye, and the right side of his lip seemed to be busted open, but besides that, he looked alright. "Sam, what happened?" I asked as I reached up to run my finger along the cut on his lip; The blood hadn't dried yet.

"I'm fine," he grabbed my arm, pulling me up. "But I don't know if Dean is."

"What? What happened?" I looked around the room, trying to find the older Winchester.

"I don't know," he grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the garage. "Come on, I need you to drive."