thirty four

songs for the chapter:

begin again - taylor swift

lovebug -the jonas brothers (judge me ok i love it)

can't help falling in love - elvis

We spent Halloween with the Mikaelson's. Klaus and Elijah dressed up as vampires and jumped out at the kids walking up the driveway, and after a little persuasion, Dean was out there, too.

"Why aren't you out there, Sam?" Janelle asked after a group of kids left.

"I hate Halloween," he grumbled, biting into a snickers as he flipped through TV channels.

"Why? It's fun!"

"It's stupid."

I rolled my eyes at Sam, going into the kitchen to get myself a beer. When I returned, Sam was intently watching a horror movie, which gave me an idea.

"We should call it a night soon." I told Janelle, who pouted at the idea.

"Why?"

"Let's have a horror movie night."

She made a face, but shrugged. "We'll wait until ten. Deal?"

"Deal."

I smiled as the doorbell rang again, sitting next to Sam, who immediately grabbed my beer and took a swig.

"Hey!" I laughed, reaching for it. "Give it back!"

Sam extended his arm, making me crawl over him to try to retrieve it.

"What did I just walk in on?" Dean laughed, leaning against the door frame. "I always knew this day would come, but I thought it'd be Klaus, not my brother.""

Janelle held her stomach as she bent over laughing, and Sam choked on his beer. I rolled my eyes, chuckling as I went into the kitchen to get another beer. Dean followed, wrapping his arms around me as I stood next to the breakfast bar.

"For the record, you having absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to Klaus, or anyone else."

"I know, I know. I was trying to make a joke," he said, kissing my cheek. "Why didn't you go out there with us?"

I shrugged. "Didn't want my ring to get dirty." I held out my left hand, wiggling my fingers slightly.

"You know we still haven't told them, right?"

I shrugged, turning around to face him."I've been wearing the ring, I'm sure they've seen it. What, is that something people do? You actually have to tell your friends you got engaged?"

Dean laughed, shaking his head slightly. "Yes, it's something people do."

"Oh." I made a face. "Let's go tell them, then."

"Are you kidding? Janelle will kill you if you make it sound casual."

"But it's our engagement," I pointed out. "We can make it sound however we want." I grabbed Dean's hand, dragging him into the living room. Janelle was sitting in the recliner, Sam still on his spot on the couch. Elijah and Klaus entered the house, laughing about someone's reaction to their scare.

"Uh, you guys?" I said, unsure of how to 'correctly' tell them.

"We have an announcement," Dean said, and I nodded, thankful he was more educated on it than I was. He looked at me, once again wrapping his arms around my waist.