eighteen

songs for the chapter

heart like yours - williamette stone

flaws - bastille

About a week after our little get-away, Janelle and Elijah decided to take their own. Klaus was spending some time with friends from college, so Dean, Sam, and I had the Mikaelson house to ourselves. Which, since none of us owned it, was a little weird. But Elijah assured us we were more than welcome to stay while they were away, and after hearing it a few times, we got used to the idea of being alone in someone else's house for a few days. Saturday morning, Dean went out to go get breakfast, leaving me alone with Sam. I didn't mind, I hadn't really gotten the chance to talk to Sam since the night of the fight.

Sam was once again was seated on the couch, watching cartoons. I stood in the kitchen, waiting for my coffee to be ready, going into the living room to join the younger Winchester on the couch once it was done.

During a commercial, Sam sat up, grabbing the remote and muting the television, before turning to look at me.

"So."

"So?" I laughed, slightly surprised by his actions.

"So do you know?"

"Know what?"

"About the," Sam looked around, as if someone was listening to our conversation, and then whispered, "'Family business.'"

"You have a family business?"

Sam gave me an annoyed look. "Come on, Audrey."

"What are you talking about Sam?"

He sat up, looking uncomfortable as realization took over his features. "Oh. Never mind."

"No, Sam, what are you-"

The door flew open, cutting me off. "I'm back!" Dean said, shuffling into the house, the numerous bags in his arms barely allowing him to see over them.

"Need some help?" I laughed, standing up as he kicked the door closed and made his way into the kitchen.

"No, I've got it," he said as he dumped the paper bags on the counter. He turned to face me, grabbing my waist and pressing a quick kiss to my lips. "Sam give you any trouble?"

"No, but he asked if I knew about-"

"I'll be back!" Sam called, running up the stairs.

"He what?"

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. "Nothing, it's not important."

Dean narrowed his eyes slightly, smiling. Even with the smile, I could tell he was contemplating on whether or not he should push it. He decided against it, turning back to the counter, where one of the bags had fallen over, spilling its contents.

"Eggs?" I asked, looking around him to the counter. "You know you're not supposed to throw eggs, right?"

"Technically I didn't throw them, I dropped them."

"Technicalities," I laughed, waving my hand around. Dean grabbed my wrists, pulling me towards him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he connected our lips, and his hands found their place on my hips. I pulled away when I heard Sam come back down the stairs, silently going back into the living room.

"Go back in there," Dean murmured, his lips brushing against mine. "I'll make us breakfast."

I smiled, pecking his lips before turning and going back into the living room.

"Hey, Audrey?"

"Yes?" I hummed as I sat next to Sam again.

"Have you thought about it?"

"About what?"

"What makes you happy."

It took a moment for the conversation to come back to me.

'Where do you want to go to college?'

'Stanford.'

'Really? You want to study law?'

'I want to be a lawyer... What about you?'

'I don't know, I don't know what I want to do with my life.'

'Well, what makes you happy?'

"Yeah, I have." I smiled to myself.

"So you know what makes you happy?"

I looked up, in the direction of the kitchen, and saw Dean standing in front of the stove, cooking our breakfast. "I think so."

From my peripheral vision, I saw Sam smiling. "Good. Make sure it's a part of your future."

That afternoon, one of Sam's friends picked him up. As he walked out the door, he told us that he would be back the following evening, promised they wouldn't stay out past the city curfew, and left.

"A huge house to ourselves, whatever shall we do?" Dean chortled, turning to look at me.

"Actually, I want to try something."

He smiled. "Okay, what's up, babe?"

I bit down on my lip, not sure how to answer. Instead of speaking, I closed the space between us, pulling him down to kiss him. He kissed back, and after a few moments, he pulled away. "Oh."

"We don't have to-"

"No, no," he cut me off, smiling reassuringly. "I want to. But, are you sure-?"

"I'm sure." I smiled, trying to keep myself from turning red.

Still grinning, he led me up the stairs, to the bedroom we were sharing.

A couple hours later, after nightfall, we lay back in bed, talking about whatever came to mind. It reminded me of the night on the cliff, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Audrey?" Dean murmured. He had his arm around me, my head was on his chest. He gently rubbed his thumb against my arm, raising goosebumps.

"Hm?"

"Would you- um. Would you like to meet my dad? Would you maybe be interested in that?" he said it all in one breath, like if he slowed down, I would reject the idea.

I sat up to look at him, almost wanting to laugh. "What kind of question is that? Of course I do."

Dean sat up, looking at the sheets, smiling shyly. When he looked at me again, he had a different look in his eyes. It was... adoring.

"I love you so much," he said quietly, almost whispering it.

"I love you too," I answered.

And God, I loved him.

only a few more chapters of teenage dean/audrey and i'm :-(( but i'm also pretty excited to see your reactions to the end ;-))