fifteen

songs for this chapter:

kiss me slowly - parachute

disconnected - 5 seconds of summer

in my life - the beatles

Dean grabbed the keys to the car we had had our first kiss in, and we were off. He put the hood down, the California weather making it warm enough to not need a jacket with the wind whipping past us. Dean picked the music, which, to my surprise, was what I would have played. I didn't comment, worried he would change it.

"Well, I'm not sure what this is gonna be, but with my eyes closed all I see, is the skyline, through the window, the moon above you and the streets below,"

I closed my eyes, smiling as I leaned my head back. Dean leaned over to put his hand on my knee, the other hand on the steering wheel. Without looking, I placed my hand over his, intertwining our fingers.

By the time we reached the cliff, we were talking about things we probably wouldn't have been talking about if it wasn't past four in the morning.

"'The one,'" Dean said.

"What about it?"

"What do you think about it?"

"I'm not sure I know what you mean."

"Do you think we all have a one?" he smiled, squeezing my knee slightly. He put the car in park, leaning back in his seat to look at the stars. "Or is that bullshit?"

I pulled my lip between my teeth, thinking. Prior to that summer, I would have called it bullshit- There's so many people on the planet, how could each of us only have a one? But that summer, that moment, with his eyes on me, our hands linked together, and the stars shining down on us, I knew it was true; We all had a one.

"I think we all have a one," I answered finally.

Dean smiled a closed-lipped smile. "I think so, too."

--

"Quick, name one thing that makes you happy," I said as another song began. It was nearing five am, but neither Dean nor I were started to show signs of being tired. At the rate we were going, we would be on that cliff when the sun rose.

"You."

I looked down at my lap, trying to hide my blush. We had moved to the backseat of the car to get more comfortable, and with that came us moving closer together. He had his arm wrapped around me, my head on his shoulder. "I said thing, not person."

"You could be a thing."

"Hey!" I laughed, gently hitting his chest.

"What? You'd be a cute thing," he teased, kissing the top of my head.

"You're an ass," I laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." He leaned down, his cheek resting on the top of my head. "Let's get out of here," he said after a few minutes of silence.

"You're tired?"

"No," Dean laughed. "I mean here. Let's go on a mini road trip."

"What?"

"Yeah, come on. When I drove in with my dad and brother, we had to go through this little town. I think you'd like it. We can go and get a hotel room or something and come back tomorrow."

"That's not a road trip," I laughed. "That's a getaway."

"Then let's get away," he smiled at his pun.

"No," I groaned. "That was terrible."

"Come on, let's do it!"

"No, not tonight," I sighed.

"Come on, babe," he pulled me closer, leaning his cheek on my head again.

"How about we go home, pack some clothes, and go tomorrow?"

He pulled away, smiling at me. "Really?"

I nodded. "Really."

"Okay," he nodded once, his smile growing. "Yeah, okay. Let's go, we should probably get some sleep."

"Probably," I chortled, moving back to the front seat.

--

 We slept until noon the next day. When we woke up, we were the only people in the house. Janelle and Elijah had texted us, telling us they were going to be out for the day. Klaus wasn't home. We spent almost an hour in bed before I decided to get up and shower. Dean showered after I got out, and I made us sandwiches for our breakfast.

"Ready to go?" he asked me when he joined me in the kitchen.

"Almost, I have to pack a change of clothes and all that."

"I did it while I was upstairs," he smiled, leaning over to kiss my cheek. I gave him his sandwich and we sat at the table, eating and discussing our 'trip.' "You can double check to make sure I got everything you'll need, though."

"Okay," I smiled.

When we finished, I checked what he had packed, and found he had packed everything. I slipped on my black vans and followed Dean down the stairs.

"Ready?"

"Wait," I grabbed a notepad, and left Janelle and Elijah a note telling them where we'd be, and that we'd be back the next day. "Okay, let's go."

--

Dean had the top of the car down until we got on the freeway, and the navy blue mid-thigh length dress I was wearing began to fly up. He held my hand the majority of the way to the little town he had decided to take me to. I smiled, looking out the window and enjoying the playlist we had agreed to listen to (which mainly consisted of artists like The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Elvis). Half way there, I pulled my hand away, pulling out my notebook from my purse and opening it.

"What are you doing?" Dean asked when I had almost filled up a page.

"Writing," I answered simply. He rolled his eyes.

"What are you writing?"

"This," I looked at him, a shy smile on my face. "What I see, what I hear, what I feel. I'm trying to capture this moment with words."

"Oh," he smiled, reaching over to squeeze my knee.

In My Life by The Beatles began to play, filling the car with the beautiful song.

"Audrey," Dean said nervously.

"Hm?" I asked, only half listening as I turned the page to continue writing.

'He asked me if I thought we all had a One. The One. It was a stupid idea to me, but last night, I realized it. We all have a One. And Dean Winchester is my One.'

"I think I'm in love with you," he almost whispered, just as I wrote, 'I think I'm in love with him.'

--

heyooo

im sO sorry this took me forever ive been working on it for a while but ive lost all motivation to do anything im so sorry please forgive me

ill try really hard to get the next chapter up in the next couple days!

also im in love w in my life so im sorry i keep using it (this is a lie, im not even a little bit sorry)

--

also, tvd update if anyone cares: im all caught up and it huRTS