seventeen

songs for the chapter:

if i'm going to fall in love - a rocket to the moon

I woke up with Dean's arms wrapped around me, his face nestled in the mess that had become my hair. I sighed, looking at the clock on the bedside table: 7:02 am.

I should have gone to back to bed, and with his arms wrapped around me, I wanted to. But I was wide awake, and I knew no matter how hard I tried, I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep. I sighed, wiggling out of Dean's grasp. He stirred in his sleep, a quiet whimper falling from his lips, but he didn't wake up. I watched him sleep for a few moments, admiring his facial features. I smiled to myself, going into the bathroom to shower and prepare for the day.

When I got out of the shower, I got dressed, put on make up, grabbed my purse and Dean's jacket, and left the hotel room. I thought about leaving a note for Dean, but I figured I'd be back before he woke up. I reached into my purse, checking my phone to see if there were any messages or calls from Sam, Elijah, or Janelle. Janelle had texted me multiple times, making inappropriate jokes about Dean and me, and Elijah had texted me once, asking how we were. I replied to him, telling him we were fine, and we'd be home later, and put my phone back in my bag. I entered the elevator, pressing the button to go to the ground floor. I listened to the soft music filling the empty space, leaning against the wall. When the doors opened, I got out, and left the hotel. A few other people were out, walking down the sidewalk, talking to each other, drinking coffee. It was surprisingly cool for a California summer, but I didn't mind. Numerous puddles stained the street and sidewalks, and the gray sky promised more rain soon. I walked quickly, trying to find a place to stop and get a simple breakfast to take back to the hotel for when Dean woke up. I looked around as I walked, partially to be aware of my surroundings and partially because the town Dean had brought me to was beautiful.

About two blocks away from the hotel, I found a Krispy Kreme. It had just opened, so I placed my order, a dozen donuts and two coffees, and sat down and waited for the fresh donuts. I noticed another person, seated at the table a few down from the one I was seated at. "Mrs. Moore?"

She gently set down the book she was reading, looking at me over her reading glasses. "Audrey?"

I stood up, moving around my table and over to where she was seated. "Hi."

"Hello. Where's Dean?"

"Back at the hotel. He was still asleep when I left, I didn't want to wake him up."

"Ah," Mrs. Moore smiled. "That was nice of you."

I smiled shyly, twirling the end of my hair with my fingers. "So how long have you lived here?" I asked at the same time she asked, "How did you meet him?"

"Sorry, you first." I smiled.

She returned the smile, repeating her question. "How did you meet him?"

"Through a friend. Actually, he almost hit me with his car."

Mrs. Moore gave me a concerned look. "What?"

I laughed. "So here's what happened,"

I stayed to talk to Mrs. Moore for about an hour, even after I had gotten my order. I gave her one of the coffees, since I didn't want it to get cold, and ordered two more before walking back to the hotel.

When I got back, Dean was sitting on the edge of our bed, staring at his phone screen and running his fingers through his wildly messed up hair. "There you are!" he sighed in relief when I opened the door. He threw his phone to the side, standing and almost running to embrace me. "God, Audrey, you had me so worried." he murmured in my ear, rubbing his thumb gently against my back.

I smiled slightly, hugging him back. "I'm sorry, I didn't think I'd be as long as I was. I didn't mean to worry you." I pulled back just enough to kiss him.

He smiled, sighing again. "No, it's okay, I just- I don't know, I was worried."

After we ate, Dean showered, and I packed our bags. When he was ready to go, we checked out of the hotel and began the drive back home.

i hate the wattpad update wbu

this was kinda a filler i'm sorry :-((

also am i the only one who thought the last episode that aired was aMAZING FOR JENSEN I MEAN HIS WARDROBE AND HIS FACE AND HIS VOICE IT WAS JUST A GOOD EPISODE FOR HIM GDGHDHJDF