1. Awaken

Darkness is the worst fear, not seeing what's in front of you

Darkness is what laid in wait, there wasn't a speck of light to be found

Darkness is what laid in wait, there wasn't a speck of light to be found. It was darkness that was found in the minds of small children who begged for their light to be on when it's time for bed. It was a fear.

And the girl, woke up to this fear.

Her eyes skimmed the darkness in hope of finding a shred of light, but never prevailed. She couldn't even hear anything and that made the girls arm become covered in goosebumps. Her fear of the darkness becoming much to big by the second.

She raised her stiff arm and slightly cringed when she heard pops from her wrists being able to move. Her arms were never fully extended, she roamed the area around her body and came to the conclusion she was in a  coffin, the splinters in her hand helping her.

She panicked and started to bang on the coffin lid, but it didn't bust open, her screams and pleas only came out as a whimper that even the supernatural couldn't hear due to her lack of water.

She just kept on banging and silently begging for it to open, she wanted to get out, she even ignored the aching pain of the several splinters that were in her hand causing slight bleeding, her face had tears running down it.

She felt the oxygen lessen with every breath she took, she took deeper ones in hope of getting more air but she couldn't, she was choking on her sobs and the lack of air. Her fear was overwhelming her and she banged one last time before giving up.

Until her prayers were answered.

The coffin swung open and she sat up quickly gasping for air like she was never getting enough of it, she felt more tears came down her face like waterfalls but they were tears of relief. She wasn't even paying attention to the two people who were staring at her in shock.

Stefan and Damon Salvatore, both brothers with holes in their hearts that only one could fill, but she was dead. Their beautiful sister was mistaken for a vampire in transition and was taken to the church where the brothers thought their sister and lover was burned alive. They spent years mourning their sister. Damon took it the hardest, he was here protecter, he was her favorite person in this entire world and when she died his world stopped and the emotion became unbearable.

Stefan and Damon both relocated into the town of Mystic Falls, where they were both born only to come to the conclusion that the vampires in the church never died, instead they were led to a tomb underneath the church where Damon hoped to find his lover; Katherine Pierce. She came into the town in 1864 and toyed with the brothers and became best friends with the sister, she found a sister in the sister. Then when she was taken by the founding families, all thought she died away in the church when she escaped, no one knew this.