17. Expiriences with doppelgangers

Killing some ghosts and crying about brothers, the normal.

Aurora and Rebekah hadn't been apart since the bonfire adventure, Rebekah was too scared to leave her alone scared that the young girl would have a panic attack, or her emotions would have a bad effect on her magic

Aurora and Rebekah hadn't been apart since the bonfire adventure, Rebekah was too scared to leave her alone scared that the young girl would have a panic attack, or her emotions would have a bad effect on her magic. Rebekah also informed Klaus of her incident which half made him drop everything that was going on to check on the small witch but Rebekah made sure he didn't knowing that Aurora wouldn't appreciate it.

Aurora felt better though, she had started to heal after Azazel leaving her and she is slowly turning back into the bubbly girl who is oblivious to problems when it comes to flower crowns. Her and Klaus had kept up their calls a lot more frequently and she was glad she got to talk to the familiar British hybrid.

A few weeks had gone by and Aurora was taking a small break from school which was were Rebekah was. She was laying in her bed when she felt her stomach grumble and she sighed loudly and then made her way to the kitchen planning on eating some lucky charms.

Aurora got her cereal and sat on top of the counter grabbing the remote that controlled the stereo that had speakers all throughout their house. She clicked it on and smiled when her favorite song came on, she swayed to the beat.

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things, I didn't give to you
Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light
I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
I had hoped you'd see my face
And that you'd be reminded that for me, it isn't over

While Aurora sang the song she didn't know that a certain dark haired Salvatore walked into the house and quietly watched with a soft regrettable smile.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
"Don't forget me, " I beg
I remember you said
"Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead"

She smiled as she sang the song and so did damon, and he leaned forward against the entrance smiling softly at his sister. She sang the rest of the song also eating her cereal in favor.

Aurora stiffened when she felt a familiar presence behind her but she made no move to actually turn around and look at her brother. "Hi Damon." She spoke meekly turning off the radio, Damon frowned and walked closer to his sister, his hands behind his back.

"How are you flower? You know I haven't seen you since you and Barbie Klaus moved out." He chuckled awkwardly and rocked on his heals and toes.