3. Alter Ego

The only thing she needs is herself

Aurora peaceful sleeping was disrupted by loud knocking on her door, she grumbled and ignored it

Aurora peaceful sleeping was disrupted by loud knocking on her door, she grumbled and ignored it. As soon as she found a comfortable spot her blanket was torn off of her, she looked up and saw Stefan standing there with a smile.

"Up, your going to school with me today." He said, she rolled her eyes and got up silently too tired to actually say anything. "We're leaving in 30 minutes." Leaving her there he left to his own room.

Aurora went to her closet and pulled out a black short sleeved crop top with grey shorts, she slipped on a pair of sneakers and went to the bathroom. She brushed her hair and teeth, deciding to leave her hair down for the day.

She hopped downstairs and found Damon sitting in his usual spot on the leather couch drinking a small glass of blood, Aurora didn't mind that much that he drank blood as long as it was from a blood bag. She was still iffy about Stefan's animal blood diet but after Damon told her about his reaction to human blood she decided it was better than tearing everyone apart.

"Hi Damon!" She greeted cheerfully, he looked up and smiled lightly at his sister, he was still sad about him not finding the only woman he's ever loved, but at least he got his sister in return.

"Hello flower." He greeted back, she skipped over to him and sat next to him setting her head on his shoulder. "Can I ask a question?"

"Yeah go for it."

"What's your weakness?" Aurora furrowed her brows and sat up.

"Why would you want to know?" She asked turning to look at him.

"Just for extra precautions." She widened her eyes at her brother, did they think she would need to be put down? Damon noticed her frightened expression and mentally face palmed himself.

"Oh not like that flower, I meant just in case someone has it or for your safety. Did you think I would do that to you?" He asked softly rubbing her arms, she shook her head and felt absolutely stupid.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt your feelings like that, it's just. Oleander, a single petal against my skin feels like a thousand tiny needles pricking into my skin and it draws blood too, it's poisonous to humans too but it's more harmful to me. It also diminishes my powers making me lose focus."

Aurora remembered the time when she was walking in her mental garden when she came across it, she had specific parts of her mind. The peaceful side and the dark side, she accidentally walked into the dark side and came across the plant. She was entranced by its beauty and when she touched it she wasn't expecting the pain to come with it. After that she avoided the plant severely.