Chapter 14

I may...or not be in love with Rhett.

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about it.

Ever since Cori came and said all of that stuff to Rhett, I began to realize something...

Though it was already stated. With that realization and questioning comes the part where I don't want to let him go. I want him to be happy, and I'll do anything to keep his happiness alive.

I pull Rhett into an embrace, the both of us hugging. His head laid on my shoulder and he clung to me slightly. I smile at this way of hugging and I cradle his face.

He looks at me and I run my thumb over his eyes. Just so that he knows I'm looking within his eyes and he grinned.

"Eye contact?"

"Yes." I nod, and he hugs me tighter. His head laying back on my shoulder and he nestles himself against me. "I love looking into your eyes."

"I wish I could look into yours. At least I can imagine you, but I feel like it may not be the same. In either light, you're very handsome." He murmurs, and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Your compliments make me so happy." I gush to him. He starts to smile more and I feel him pull back some. The way he looked at me told me he wanted to kiss me. I see his hand raise some as his fingers hovered over the edge of my lips.

He presses upon them, only to move them over as he fully feels them. When he does he leans towards me as his hand moves last second, the both of our lips touching.

I kissed him back gently as I leaned towards him, feeling him go back some. I could feel him smile against my lips and I smiled back.

"What's the beautiful smile for?" I ask him softly, and he begins to blush as he presses his lips to my cheek.

"I just...really like you." He smiles more, biting his lip. I see him try to withhold his smile from me and I chuckle.

"I really like you too. You don't have to be ashamed of such a thing...letting me see such a smile."

"Of course." He grins. I leaned back towards him, giving him another kiss. I felt his arm go over my shoulder and his hand rested on the back of my neck softly.

We both continued to kiss slowly and deeply as if we didn't want to miss any moment. Not miss any part of the kiss that we gave each other.

I could do this...kissing him, continually without wanting to stop. To see him relax into me and be absolutely enthralled with me just as much as I'm enthralled with him?

"With the pandemic, you don't mind staying here together...right?" Rhett asks me between kisses, and I shook my head. "Good, I want you to stay. Alex may definitely stay and...Cori can as well if he wants. So that he's not separated from his son during these times."

"You're too kind." I breathe, hugging his body some more. "You really think he'd want to stay here. He drops Alex off here everyday anyway, so you think he'd want to...stay for a bit? Considering him and I once were together and have a child; and now I'm with you."

Rhett bites his lip, shrugging some.

"I just wouldn't...think too deeply into it." He chuckles shyly, cradling my face. "I really...really love you so... Anything is worth it in terms of what's to come."

I found my eyes widening, feeling him hug me some more. My eyes were still wide on him on if he wondered what he said. Until I saw it hit him and he sat up fast.

The both of us looking at each other. I couldn't help but smile.

"I love you too."

I see Rhett looking at me in surprise too. Causing him to soon smile, rushing in for a hug. A laugh leaving my lips to see how happy he was from that.

I know it was early but...it didn't matter to me. I truly...loved this person. How could I not say it after he said it so easily?

Rhett loves me?

...I love him too.

How could I deny this love I had for him if he's reciprocating it too?

I can't deny what I feel. It's too great, it's too strong.

Especially now.

________________💕

especially now. 🥴

vote, follow, comment~

- yolo 🫶