Chapter 10

"You're house is amazing...should I even call this place a house?" I glanced over at Rhett as I was tucking Alex into the huge bed. I can't imagine how he'll react when he wakes up tomorrow.

"You can call it that. A house or a mansion...they both mean the same thing honestly. You could even call it an apartment!"

"Yeah...no." I snort, standing up as I grab his arm to stand up so that he knew to leave with me. "Apartments don't compare to your home. This is on a whole other level."

Once we were out of Alex's room, I closed the door. I look back at Rhett who no longer had his contacts on. His eyes that pretty sky again that I stare at for hours.

I begin to see his face turn pink and I raise my eyebrow.

"I feel like...you're staring at me." He smiles shyly. I grin at him, nodding at his statement.

"I am. Your eyes are a sight to behold. How can I not stare?" I question him curiously. I lean against the wall as he rubbed his hands on his shirt nervously. "Am I wrong to ask that question?"

Rhett shook his head shyly, running his fingers through his hair.

"It's just awkward because I can't necessarily stare back. I want to see how handsome you are..."

"Oh? What if I'm ugly?" I raise my eyebrow now. His eyes widen on me and I was curious as to what he'd say.

"I don't...think you're ugly, and you don't sound ugly either. I think it all comes down to preferences." He murmurs, grinning at me. "Looks don't matter. I can't depend on that. I would rather choose to believe what I hear and follow my heart. Your voice attracts me, and your hugs calm me."

I felt my heart beat a little faster at his words. They were so cute, and so kind. Saying such kind things to me...never heard such before.

"My hugs calm you? I must do it more often then." I say softly to him. I began to see him blushing more even though the hallway was dimly lit. Somehow I could still see such a thing.

I begin to smile as I look away.

"What do you want to eat? I can order us something to eat-."

"You must not!" Rhett cries out, and I frown. "It is my sleepover and I am the coordinator. I shall buy us the food and the drinks!"

"Well, what would you like to eat?"

"I...I am not sure... Wait! This is about you! What do you want me to order?" Rhett asks me quickly and I found his desire to kind of appease me was kind to see.

"I'm not sure... I don't really order out. I did go to the café you once worked at, but I haven't been ever since you came to work for me. Um...can you give some options as a choice?"

I grip my chin, thinking on what he would possibly like. When we were at the masquerade he was all over the pasta... Oh!

"Do you want to order the Pizza Hut pastas? They have chicken Alfredo and marinara pasta. It's all good, even though they are known for the pizza...their pasta is amazing." I tell him.

Rhett looked at me softly, grinning as he looks off.

"You remembered...how much I like pasta?"

"Of course, you were all over it. I, unfortunately, that night couldn't try it like I wanted. I could see you enjoyed it greatly. I promise you, their pasta is worth it...most of the time."

I see him nod, grinning softly as I could tell he truly believed in every word I said. It was cute...to see the amount of trust he had put towards me and for me. Despite us not even having known another for a month or two. It felt...longer, having known him.