Chapter 1

"The usual!"

I smile as I look over my shoulder to see the same man. The man that orders my cappuccinos every time, and I've come to take that personally.

The thing about him though...is that he doesn't do much. Just sits there...idly and so quietly, like a statue.

He doesn't really look at anything either. Just looks at the wall very unusually I must add.

Though to be honest, I'm curious about what he thinks. He clearly though has good taste since he always ask me to make his drink.

It's always the same...nothing ever different.

A cappuccino with extra white foam, so simple yet delicious.

Though the unusual thing as well is that he never interacts with anyone. Just orders, sits there, drinks his drink, then just leaves. Then the next day it's just the same never-ending cycle.

Honestly...he intrigues me.

I desire to know who he is. 

If curiosity kills the cat, then I guess my cat's dead.

"Denzel don't waste your time."

I glance at Martha as she was folding her arms. I see her look at the dude I was watching and just snicker.

"What makes you say that? Besides, I have a child and am with someone right now. Don't assume." I nod adamantly, only for her to snort.

She just continues to smirk at me as if I'm a liar. Even though my boyfriend from high school just had our child a couple of years ago. Even though...nothing.

"Your cappuccinos are so considerate and kind, with the best creations upon them. Only for him to-." She snorts abruptly again, causing me to roll my eyes-. "He just drinks it. Doesn't give any consideration to it and ignores your kind gesture."

"Or," I pour some milk into a saucepan, simmering as I put some coffee beans into the grinder, "It's probably because he's so used to those kind gestures." I grab a cup, grinning.

"Okay...keep telling yourself that; but he isn't into you at all. The last time a guy or girl tried flirting with him he didn't even spare them a glance. Then when he looked at her he didn't even look at her. Poor girl had to run away in shame as he called out for someone else. He just seems like someone who likes playing with people-."

"Sorry but...I don't think that's it..." I trail off. I remove the pan, setting it on a flat surface as I grab a mixer, mixing it. "He's a different case. He doesn't say anything but...he does say thank you and drinks on. Pays then leaves a great tip. The nice thing about that is the mysterious nature, ma'am."

I wiggle my eyebrows, Martha shaking her head as she narrows her eyes at him. Suddenly the man just slams his hand on the table. He ran his hand over the table until he grabbed a napkin, only to crumble it up. He did wipe his face with it though.

"Yeah...he's different all right." She mumbles under breath, shaking her head as she walks away.

To be honest, he seems fine to me.

From afar he's quite cute, but handsome at the same time. If I could put my finger on it...on him entirely, I would.

I just now fill the grinder with coffee beans, putting them in a automatic drip coffeemaker. Once it's in I grab the cup of expresso from the stove.

I now grab his cup, pouring the expresso inside, then putting it under the drip. I start to watch the coffee drip inside, grinning as it starts to fill up.