Chapter 3

I stood patiently behind the counter for a certain someone, my nerves growing by the minute. The longer I waited the more I wanted to see him. I wonder if I was being too obvious...but it didn't matter as I begin to see the door open.

When I see Rhett walk inside, it amazed me at how fluid he was.

Now that I know he's blind...I wonder how he's able to be as fluent as he is in movement. Like he owns the place and he doesn't even bother to use a walking stick whatsoever.

Right when Rhett sits down I saw Dylan make his way towards me. Except I lift the cup from the heater, causing him to stop in his tracks.

"I have his order." I chuckle, rushing around him as he watches me with a raised eyebrow. As I make my way towards Rhett's table, I now set the cup down before him. Immediately it arose a bright smile across his face.

"Am I mistaken to say that I think that is the very handsome Denzel?" He murmurs, his voice saying my name so gently. How he could say it so beautifully, so sweetly that made my heart skip for him. He was too adorable...

I decide to sit across from him, his head following me as I sit before him. I raise my eyebrows, sitting still as I waited. I kind of...was waiting for him to acknowledge that I was here. I wanted to see if he even knew I was actually here. I know I shouldn't be testing this because of something he couldn't control, but I wanted to see something.

"I know you're there, Denzel," He finally speaks to me, and I couldn't help but smile, "Losing my eyesight has heightened all of my senses, you know. I heard you coming when I heard you say my drink was ready. When I heard your voice...I immediately knew I was in the right place. How could I not?"

I see his cheeks become pink, causing me to chuckle at what he said. He was just too cute for his own good.

"Hmm, that's what I was wondering." I nod at him, looking at him as he suddenly cocked his head to the side like a cute puppy.

"You were wondering? Is that more questions for me possibly?" He scoots himself in more and I watch him begin to drink some of the cappuccino.

"Of course, my apologies."

"Please do not apologize, I love questions. That means I haven't pushed you away with how boring of a person I am." He gushes as he smiles so awkwardly, making me smile softly at him.

I couldn't even conceal my chuckle now as he starts to rest his fingers on his lips. Almost as if he was trying to ease away his smile.

"I would never say you were boring. I just think you may need to sometimes speak louder, make yourself and your presence known." I explain for him as best as I could. He ends up nodding and I watch him suddenly feel around on the table.

I watch his hand move not so cleverly close to mine. He was too cute for his own good! I grab his hand now, entwining our fingers together. When I look back up at him I flinch at how pink his face was.

He just looked away now and I chuckle at his cute shyness.

"I was feeling around for a napkin..." He whispers, and I immediately felt so embarrassed. I let go of his hand so fast as I saw the napkin my hand happened to be laying atop of. When I look back at Rhett he was looking at his hand and I curse under my breath at this point.

I press the napkin onto his hand, sitting back in my seat...ashamed and embarrassed beyond belief.

"I'm sorry, one-hundred percent. I mean, come on! Who just grabs people's hands these days?" I question aloud, happy this time that he couldn't see me. Because my face was absolutely twisted up into this ugly form of embarrassment.