Chapter 5

"Did you get a haircut?"

I found myself snorting as I realize that's the first thing I ask him when I walk in for the first day of this job. For the first day, I'm asking him this? It's not embarrassing, it's just a question; but still - out of everything I could've possibly said.

Except I saw Rhett begin to smile shyly, his fingers beginning to run through his hair. I could tell he liked that I noticed even though it was very obvious he did. It looked more...what's the word?

"Yes...yes I did." He responds back with I'm content, and that's when I nod.

Only to see him begin to stand up from his seat. He looked at me with open arms that completely were set on me. His face was alit with a light pink and I chuckle, remembering what I said I'd do.

That's when I walk around his table and I grab his wrists. I place them on my shoulders, my arms wrapping around his waist. Now I was kind of closer to his face and see him blushing even more.

"When I lean forward to hug you just let you arms go back." I tell him, and he nods fast.

I lean forward as I hug him. My hands rubbing his back comfortably until I realize his arms were dangling on my shoulders.

"You know, in a hug...you wrap them around the other persons neck." I tease him, and they do so fast. To hug him this way was very comforting now. Could feel him breathing gently onto my neck.

It was interesting to see how he was reacting to this hug...quite sweetly.

"Good morning Rhett." I finally say, and he sighs.

"Good morning Denzel." He murmurs back. That's when I pull away and could reluctantly feel his arms unwound from my neck.

I look down at him and saw how sweet he looked. His soft expressions, his gentle smile, his everything was just kind to me. Who could talk so badly about him when he just looks so nice?

"You having fun there?" He asks me softly, causing me to chuckle awkwardly. It's like he wants to embarrass me for staring.

I take advantage of that, but it looks like I can't stare because he notices just as well as anyone with sight. It's kind of frightening, but it just shows how great his senses are.

"I'm...I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. Stop apologizing to me."

"Okay, I'm sorry-."

"There you go!" He snaps, smiling in the process.

"I'm sorry okay-?"

"No, no, no!" He stands again, shaking his head as he runs his fingers through his hair. His lips in a straight line as he tries not to laugh.

"I don't know what you want me to do?"

"Stop. Apologizing!"

"Okay..." He grins. "Sorry."

He chuckles, looking at me as if he could see me. I wish he knew what I looked like. Would he change his mind about me? Would he like me any less? He doesn't seem like that type of person though...

"Um..." Rhett begins to lick his lips awkwardly, looking away from me then back in my direction. Only to sigh sadly. "Are you still...in front of me?"

I walk towards him, and I rest my hand on his shoulder. His body was quick to tense, but it soon relaxed.

"Yes, I'm here. I wouldn't leave without telling you first Rhett." I promise him softly, causing him to grin shyly.