Chapter 11

"Who's castle is this?"

I look over my shoulder down at Alex as he sat at the counter. He gazed around the kitchen in amazement, looking back at me.

"Daddy...did you buy a castle for me?"

"Oh... I wish I did." I chuckle, seeing him nod excitedly. "But, no, I didn't. We're having a sleepover at a Prince's castle."

"A prince?!" Alex exclaims, looking around. "Where...where is he?!"

Before I could tell him where I began to see Rhett coming down the stairs. His hand holding on firmly to the handrail and he somehow looked pretty even though he just woke up.

"There's the prince." I nod behind him.

Alex looks, and he gasps when Rhett was on the bottom step. That seemed to take him aback as Alex rushed at him and hugged his leg.

"He's prince?!" Alex cries excitedly, causing Rhett to look down in confusion. I go towards him as I rest my hand on Rhett's shoulder, seeing him look in my direction.

"Good morning Rhett."

Rhett blushed, looking back down at Alex who still gazed up at him in amazement.

"G-Good morning Denzel, and...am I prince?" He asks Alex, who nods excitedly.

"You said yes, Alex?"

"Yes!"

"I'm not a prince...just an average person-."

"No! Daddy said you a prince, this your castle! A sleepover at a prince castle. He not lie about that." He nods surely, and I see Rhett grin in uncertainty. Only to nod as he runs his fingers through his hair, standing up more straight.

"Yes! I am a prince, Prince Rhett and I have invited you and your handsome daddy to my castle for a sleepover," Rhett crouches before him, not exactly looking at him; but Alex unknowingly moved before him without realizing, "Do you mind being away from your mommy?"

Alex shook his head, looking back at me and I raise an eyebrow.

"He said he plan something, I can not share. It secret - I tell you Prince!" Alex rushed at him, cupping his hands around his ear.

Rhett's eyes widened as Alex whispered something into his ear. When he pulled away I saw Rhett smiling.

"Is that so?" He questions Alex.

"Yeah!"

"Amazing...okay. I didn't know, I do now." Rhett snickers, causing Alex to mimic his snicker in a cute child-like way.

I wanted to know what this secret was, but I didn't mind being left out of the loop.

"Oh," Rhett looked in the direction of where my voice was, grinning, "I smelled something amazing in the kitchen. Did my nostrils deceive me?"

I chuckle, walking back to the stovetop as I check on the eggs and bacon I was making.

"Nope, they did not. I hope you don't mind. As thanks for letting Alex and me have a sleepover here with you, this is the least I could do." I insist.