9

LAUREN is shaking her head after listening to Ariana's explanation, "no, you're lying."

"I'm not," Ariana insisted, "you will know when you met Cami at ETG then tell me that I lied."

"What do you mean?"

"I will accept your resignation if only you will let me transfer you to ETG, you know you can't just resign Lauren, you still didn't exceed 4mos at my firm and you know that, I will transfer you to ETG the same position, Cami needs you there most as much as I need you in the firm, you somewhat surfaced the problem and now Cami is shouldering it because Mendes Corp is targeting the ETG."

"What?"

"Remember what you handed me when you're still an intern?" and she saw her nod, "after a few weeks Conrad, remember him? The President in accounting sector," and she saw her nod, "Conrad left without any trace, he vanished and after another week, Johan, Cami's President in accounting department vanished too, before I knew that Johan left too, I consulted Cami if she noticed something's change in her company she said no so I handed her what you found out, that was the time that Johan also left, he vanished like Conrad, Mendes Corp is one of the client of ETG, Cami felt that she's responsible so before it got big and too late to handle she worked for it, Lauren you're good in the accounting field, Cami handled the program and at the same time the ETG and the accounting department all at once."

Then Ally added, "we feared that because of the future stress instead of a recovery she might fully forget you, if you saw what I saw when I mention you to her she didn't have any reaction, it was like the first day you saw her and now upon hearing it to Ariana I now understand."

Dinah continued, "I noticed that too when Walz welcomed me in ETG during my orientation, I really thought at first that she already moved on from you but now after hearing Ariana, she just didn't move on but forget you, that you exist in her life that you're a part of it, Ralph, you said when you saw her again you will not let her go, now she needed you it's time, don't give up on her, not now Ralph, don't give up."

Lauren was doubted of what she knew especially after seeing Ariana's engagement ring, "then why you have a ring?"

"This is a real engagement ring but it's not Cami that gave this to me, it came from Taylor, my real fiancée, as I said earlier what happened last night is all an act."

"But I saw you kissed."

"No, we actually not, we hired some freelance photographers to cover the other press photographers, by doing that we know what angle those press they are shooting, the same spot where you are, we planned it all, Cami only kissed me in cheek near my chin, Lauren I didn't mean to hurt you, it's not my intention, I don't want Cami to be hurt, I want her to be happy that she truly deserved, you three can help us, we were like hitting two birds with one stone."

"But—how can I do it if Camz didn't recognize me?"

"Only three that she only remembered, if you're there, those blurry scenarios she mentioned to Normani will be clear."

"What three are you talking about?"

"Your name, that's one, the moon, that's number two and the three, the colour of your eyes, emerald."

Lauren gulped when she heard the moon, just like the gold moon pendant that Camila gave her.

"Ralph, I'm confused, why Walz remembered you every time she saw the moon?"

Lauren touched her pendant then she unlatched it from her neck then show them the answer, "this gold moon pendant was there together with the letter she dropped at my locker, she said that I'm her moon that gives light to her darkness, my name carved here in the small moon, it all started when we hang out alone in the park and there's so many stars and the moon was so bright, I catches her staring at me with twinkling eyes, I asked her why is she looking at me with those eyes then she said that I'm her moon that shines through giving light to her darkness."