15

LAUREN was pacing back and forth inside the conference room, after a good lunch with Ally, Justin and Dinah earlier, she thinks clearly, it gives her strength to continue because she meant it that she almost lost hope about finding the real reason and real culprit and also her explanation. Normani hasn't replied yet and every second she was nervous.

***

NORMANI was about to swipe the card to enter the conference room when she noticed Camila.

"What's wrong?"

Camila shook her head, "nothing..."

"You don't have to hide from me, you're nervous of meeting her again, aren't you?" and Camila's silence says it all, "I can't give you enough time now, we need to make this fast," and she swipe the card and it beeped then the door opened, she grab the handle and pulled it.

They both entered the conference room, Camila followed behind Normani, gulping because her heart is beating rapidly.

"Ms Jauregui," Normani called and she got smiled when she notice her froze while looking at her side, "I got your request but Ms Karla here wanted to hear your explanation why you're requesting those documents."

Lauren gulped and cleared her throat then nodded, "of course."

Camila took a steps towards Lauren and slowly handed her hand to the raven haired beauty, 'it was her eyes that is emerald, it's her,' "Karla Estrabao, CEO."

Lauren stare and the hand of Camila, she was longing to hold that hand that she always held before, she tightened her jaw, restraining herself to not throw herself towards Camila, she missed her, so much then she accepted the hand that she wishes to hold for eternity, "Lauren Jauregui, Ms Karla, your new Accounting President in AD1."

Series of scenarios that is flashing in Camila's mind, it's like a camera, a negative film, like a video playing, some are still blurry but some are not, she remembers now that she once fell in love with the woman that was in front of her then she gently grip the hand, afraid to let it go, while looking at those emerald eyes, "I apologize for not welcoming you properly," she said sincerely without leaving her eyes to Lauren's, "but I will this time, welcome to ETG, Ms Jauregui."

"Thank you, Ms Karla," she replied with a smile.

And Camila nodded, she felt at ease, calm and refreshed when she saw her smile.

Normani hold back her smile by biting her lips, she really wanted to get her phone to capture this moment or video it so Ally and Dinah can see it, but not now so she cleared her throat.

Both women let go of each other's hands, feeling all shy.

Lauren bit her lips and cleared her throat, "so, my explanation, please," and she sighed, "as you can see, the documents that was place on this table is somehow connected to the problem right now, all of these are connected, allies to do a chemical weapon."

Camila and Normani shared a look when they heard Lauren, both are gasping.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm afraid to say this, but yes, I don't know what kind of chemical weapon they creating, for 2yrs Ms Karla, almost 4million dollars was lost, with those amount they can build or make, whatever they are doing, the lost money is funded to that weapon, Ally Brooke just gave me their latest and still the same, formulas, some are nuclears and others that I don't know because I'm not a military man myself, but I'm telling you, I think they are trying to conquer the US and other rich nations."

Camila pulled a chair and sat down rubbing her face in frustration because this is surely a national threat to mankind.

Lauren gulped because she wanted to embrace Camila, to comfort her and she's restraining herself by doing so, by clenching her fists.