Chapter 6 - Are We Friends?

Previously: I smile at it, knowing it was from Bill. I quietly thank him and go on with writing in my journal. It was a diary today about my experience with Bill. I beam while trying to remember every detail.

(Mabel's POV) 30 Days Since Weirdmageddon Went Global

It's been a whole month since Dipper gave the equation to Cipher. Bill Cipher, I mean. I've been calling him Cipher because Bill sounds too friendly. Cipher is a dream demon. A demon with no emotions, just a shell. He's going to get what he deserves. And that. That is death.

(Morning of Day 30)

I wake up to the sound of screaming. A normal thing now. Screaming, a natural thing? It makes no sense and terrifies me with every fiber of my being.

Pacifica slowly opens the door to seem awake. She smiles, not a real one no one has been able to do that for a while, and opens the door more. "Morning," Pacifica greeted. It was nice to see her every day. She is now family and I need her while Dipper is gone. That sounds so weird. The word, 'gone'; I hope he isn't. I know he isn't. I have to believe that Dipper is holding on, for me.

I look at Pacifica. I don't like talking much anymore. I know I'm always the happy one, cheering everyone but, I can't. Not without Dipper. Half of me is gone and I intend to find it.

I give Pacifica a slow nod. Her fake smile disappears. "Breakfast is ready," she remarked. I get up and follow her, still not saying a word. We go into the kitchen and see a few others awake. They are all trying to grab some food and find a seat. "We need more seats," I quietly revealed. Everyone looked in my direction and slightly smiled. Grunkle Stan giggled. "We can grab some today. Do you want to come with me?" Stan asked. Everyone, except Pacifica, went back to grabbing food. I looked up to Stan, who is smiling. "Uh...sure. I'd like that," I barely smile and turn around to get myself some food. "I'll come too," I hear Pacifica tell Stan. We're like glue now; she's my best friend. She's been with me this whole time. I smile to myself.

After breakfast, Pacifica helps me with my wardrobe. She insists that I need to keep a good fashion sense. I don't protest yet, makes me feel a little more whole than before.

We meet Grunkle Stan at the door. He still has his Mr. Mystery clothes. It makes me think of happy times. "You girls ready?" He asks as we walk out. I hold out my grappling hook, ready for anything.

We walk to the store. Then, suddenly, we see a familiar triangle. Cipher. I start to shuffle towards him but, Stan stops me. He gives me a 'not the time' look. I shakily sigh and hide in a store with them. "Why is he here?" Pacifica demanded. "What about Dipper's deal to not mess with Gravity Falls?" she added. I growl.

"He probably hasn't done anything to the townsfolk. So he is still holding his deal." Grunkle Stan answers some of our questions. We continue to stare as he floats into a store. We wait patiently.

I'm ready to strike.

He walks back outside with a- wait? Is that- "A bunch of books with riddles and all those things Dipper likes," Stan interrupted my thoughts. Wait.

"Could they be for Dipper?" I ask softly. Our eyes go big. Why would Cipher come down to get worthless riddle books for Dipper? The guy, he's kidnapped. Or whatever the situation is. Why, though? I inch closer. He looks to be...smiling? That's weird.

Cipher, finally, out of sight and we get the stuff we needed to. We head straight back and tell Grunkle Ford.

"Really? Bill did that? Possibly for Dipper?" We all nod to Ford. "Are you sure?" We look at each other and back to Ford and confirm again. "He may want Dipper to be on his side. He did know the equation and Bill may want what's in his head." Ford contemplates. It seems to make the most sense.

I think back to when he may have been smiling. Maybe he was smirking. If only he had a mouth!

(Bill's POV)

I float to the store Pinetree asked me to go. Then, I spot Fez, Llama, and Shooting Star. I pretend to not notice and casually go to the store to get what Pinetree requested. In just a few short days, we've become acquaintances. I wouldn't call us friends. Although, I like his company. It isn't like my hench-maniacs and our parties. It's better than that.

I get out of the store and smile. If only I had a mouth. Then, I could show it off to the world.

I get back to Pinetree and he beams. I love his smiles. They remind me of times that I wish existed for me. I'm glad Pinetree had those times. He tells me about them. He explains it as much as he can. I don't understand human emotions but, Pinetree helps me.

"Thanks, Bill! You didn't have to." I hand the riddles and puzzles over and already start. "Let me help!" I float over Pinetree's shoulder to help. "No way!" He yells as he hides the book away. "Why not~!" I groan. Pinetree always cures my boredom and I'm bored! "Your last name is literally Cipher! These would be too easy!" He exclaims as he still hides the book.

"Fine but, you'll still talk to me. Right?" I looked at him with a puppy eye. He happily nods and starts the first one.

We talk and laugh for an hour. Pinetree has already finished seven riddles and on his eighth. He pauses. "Bill?" He looks in my eye and I can tell he's being serious. All I do is continue to look at him. "Are we friends?" I'm surprised by his question.

"I don't have a lot of friends, except Gravity Falls. I would like one more," I'm speechless. I don't have many friends either. Is that why we get along so well? Because we understand each other?

"Of course, Pinetree! We're friends!" I console. He smiles again. I finally have someone who can understand me. I smile. Trying my best for it to be noticeable for Pinetree.

~Hey, my sweets! I hope y'all are enjoying this! I wanted to ask if y'all wanted Mabifica? I don't know for sure so...hehe. I hope you like this pace and the story! Have a great day!!~