Chapter 10 - Someone Is Listening~

Previously: I went to sleep. It was easier today.

I didn't know exactly why but, it had to do with being one step closer to Dipper. My bro-bro.

(Dipper's POV)

It's been about a day or two since Bill told me he is going to stop Weirdmageddon and become human. He's trying to figure out the things that are needed to build the body.

"It can't just come from nowhere." - Bill.

He also told me that I would be able to go to the surface again. Though, I need to be with him because of Weirdmageddon. And his hench-maniacs think I'm dead.

(Flashback - After talking about going to the surface)

"Wait. What?!" I exclaim. "They think I'm dead?" I put my head to my hands. It isn't a big deal but now going to the surface will be a hundred times harder.

"Yeah...I didn't want them to hurt you anymore, Pinetree." Bill choked. He was looking down, not facing me. "I'm not mad, Bill," I reassure the poor Dorito. "Really?" he askes. Jeez. Does he think I'm a monster or something? I scoff. "Why would be I mad? I mean, you helped me." I smiled. Bill looked at me. I could tell he was smiling.

"Now. Explain this 'building a human body' process."

(Back to the Present)

Anyway, I've been cooped up in my room while Bill figures out a few things. I go to my bed and relax in it. I'm about to take a nap when I hear a loud voice.

"Pinetreeeeeee~" Bill yells. "We're going to the surface!!" Bill yells in excitement. I jump out of bed and run into my closet. I get dressed and grab a backpack with some food, pencils, and my journal. I run back to Bill, who is sitting on my bed.

"Where are we going?" I question impatiently. He floats up to my eye level. "Many places! I need some ingredients and thought you could tag along!" I smile. I don't care where we go, as long as we go to the surface. Bill snaps and we are teleported to a forest. I look around. "Wait...I know this forest..." I look to Bill.

"Why are we in Gravity Falls?" I ask the isosceles triangle. "Well, most of the things I need are in Gravity Falls," Bill explains. I nod my head slowly as I look around. I point towards a direction and look at Bill. He knows what I'm asking. "Yes. Just a little further and we would see the Mystery Shack." I, again, nod my head slowly. I put my finger down, breathe in, breathe out, and turn back to Bill. "What are we getting first?" I slightly grin. Bill walks me over to an area to get the ingredients.

We were mostly in Gravity Falls the whole time. I sometimes saw the Mystery Shack as we walked in the forest. I wanted to go in there and speak with them. Tell them I'm okay but, I know that they might try to make me be in the Zodiac Wheel or do something to hurt Bill. Although, I trust Bill. I want to give him a second chance. He just needed to learn about real friendship. I just hope they will let him have his chance too.

"Hey, Bill?" I ask. He hums in response. "How are we going to explain to my family. They won't be so forgiving, especially Ford." Bill pauses. He looks toward me. He chuckles a little. "I was hoping you wouldn't ask so soon. But it is a valid question." Bill sighs and asks me to sit down. I nod and sit on a fallen tree. He shrinks and sits on my shoulder.

"When I become human, I just want to have a hidden cabin in a forest, with you, and not be interrupted from the outside. Including the Pines." Bill starts waving his legs back and forth. My face starts to heat up and my stomach starts to flutter. Why am I feeling this way towards Bill? I start to form a smile; Bill and I, in a cabin, with no one but each other. "I like the sound of that," I tell him. He looks up to me with his nonsmile. I stare back, then frown. "But what about Mabel? She's my twin, after all." I countered. I can't abandon my other half.

Bill was silent. "Once I gain my human body, we will tell your family. But you may just have to decide whether you would want to go to them or me." Bill flew off my shoulder and returned to his normal size. I looked up at his eye, he was sad. He thinks I will most likely choose my family. But I have no idea what I want to pick and I won't think about it now! Only when the time comes.

I stand up and we sit in silence. I didn't like it, so I summed up the courage to speak. "What other ingredients are we getting today?" Bill looked at me. "Right. We need to get one more thing on this trip." Bill explains. I stare at him, waiting for what the ingredient is. "We need the alien glue that you and Ford were gonna use to seal the rift." I nod and start walking with him beside me.

We get to the ship and Bill helps me float down. We start looking for the glue when we hear voices. I freeze as I know who the voices are.

(Mabel's POV)

"So Pacifica, you, and I are going to an underground alien ship to get some parts for guns?" My eyes were shimmering. I was kinda excited to see a real alien ship. "Yup!" Grunkle Ford replied. "That...That sounds fun," I mumble. Grunkle Ford smiled. "Now get your bags packed!"

(At the alien ship)

We climbed down the ladder and I looked around. It was so techy. I was tempted to push any and all buttons. "Don't touch the buttons. We don't want the security system to go back up again." Grunkle Ford said like he was reading my mind. I nodded my head slowly, a bit upset.

We walked around trying to find parts for Grunkle Ford. "Grunkle Ford, why are we looking for parts?"

(Dipper's POV)

"Grunkle Ford, why are we looking for parts?" I heard Mabel say. I looked to Bill, who found the glue. I pointed toward the voices and he looked a bit shocked.

"The gun to kill Bill is missing just a few parts. Also, the one to send him away needs an upgrade." That was Grunkle Ford's voice. They are planning to kill Bill or send him away!

"Will you be able to get them ready before next week?" That was Pacifica's voices. So far, three people. I look at Bill again. He looked a little worried.

"No. But in about two weeks, when our plan takes action, they will be finished." Two weeks?! I grab Bill and hold him in my arms. He was surprised but understood. He snapped his fingers quietly and we were now in my room. Though, I didn't let go.

I stood there with Bill. I breathed in and out and finally let go, my cheeks a little red. I looked to the ground. "Bill. How long will it take for the body to be ready and how long you need to be able to transfer to it?" I softly demanded. We needed it to be ready before two weeks.

"Well...It takes two to three weeks to build and only 3 hours to transfer. But that's by myself. If you help, we should be able to finish the body in half the time." I looked to Bill. He noticed my worried face which, I didn't want to show.

"Pinetree...It'll be okay. They won't hurt me, I promise." He looked like he was grinning. It made me relax a little. "What about when you turn human?" I ask, my nerves coming back. "I will have a protective shell, of sorts. Only for 48 hours, though. It's just the transition to being human. Basically, I'll be human but my demon self will protect me for 48 hours." Bill explains. I nod.

"Then let's get your body built." I smiled. But really, I was nervous for the days ahead.