Chapter 8 - Regret In The Fire

Previously: I walk toward the bed to see the book still on the floor. I sigh and pick it up. I get comfy and start reading.

I'm going to regret this, aren't I?

(Dipper's POV) 62 Days Since Weirdmageddon Went Global, 17 Days Since Bill Hanged Out With Dipper

It's been a few days since I started reading that book. The one about...umm...love, I guess? I bet Bill is, definitely reading my thoughts and think I'm crazy. How could I, a human, love or even like Bill, an evil Dorito? I must have Stockholm Syndrome. But isn't that like, super rare or something?

Once I'm finished with this stupid book, which isn't helping at all, I'll talk to Bill. Or at least yell his name until he gets annoyed and is forced to communicate with me. I think the latter will work. If I'm being completely honest, which I have been, I want to burn this book.

This thought made me grin. I get up and go to the kitchen. Turn on the oven and throw the book in. I set it to the highest it can go; which is 550 degrees Farienheight. Once I finish with that, I take a shower to get the book out of my head. It was horrible and not helpful. It reminded me of Mabel. Speaking of her, I wonder how she's doing? I hope she isn't miserable. I know it's been, what? 2 months since I gave Bill the equation? Yeah, about 2 months. It feels like I've only been in here for 2 weeks! Have I been missing sleep? I think about it for a moment and then lay on my bed to get rid of the thought.

I look at my new watch, from Bill, and see that it is about 10:20. I should get to bed. I awkwardly yawn and get under the covers. I start to lazily close my eyes as I am consumed by the comfortable darkness.

2 Hours Later

I awake to the smell of smoke. I rub my eyes and see black smoke coming from the kitchen. Frick! I forgot about the book!! I hurriedly get out of my comforters and run to the kitchen only to be exposed to the smoke. I massively cough, trying to clear the smoke with my hand. I use my hand to find the oven and turn it off.

I grabbed the door handle and swing it open to find the book on fire. Ah! What was I thinking! What do I do?! My thoughts ran heavy. I run back to my room and grab the Pinetree rug. I run back and try to fan out the fire. It didn't work as well as I thought it would therefore, I used all my strength to slap the firey book with the rug.

Finally, the fire stopped. I coughed again, the smoke filling up my lungs. How have I not passed out yet? I thought as my eyes went dark. I felt myself land in someone's arms. The last words I heard were: "I'm so sorry, Pinetree. I'm so sorry." I fell asleep in the warmth of my protector.

(Bill's POV)

I fixed the fire, smoke, and the things that were burned in it. I snapped up a chair while I watch Pinetree sleep. I felt like I was smiling at the sleeping brunet but was whisked away as soon as it came. My Pinetree was hurt and I wasn't informed nor knew. I was down on Earth trying to find something to pass the time. I knew something was wrong but I just couldn't face him! This is all my fault!

I internally screamed then I heard noises and movements. I looked up and saw Pinetree waking up. "Pinetree!" I gasped as the brunet woke. I floated up to him and hugged him. He was surprised, I was too, but he squeezed back. Pinetree let go and faced me. "W-What happened?" his voice was raspy but, at least he was okay. "Your stupid butt thought it was a good idea to make a fire!" I yell at him as he started to remember. I float down to sit on his legs, being as they were stretched out on the bed. "Oh...right. I wasn't planning on it, though!" he screamed nervously.

"Then why did it happen?" I question. His face began to redden. "Well?" I urged him to answer but he just got more red. Silly Pinetree. "You don't have to tell me. Though, I would like to know." He nodded his head. "When I'm ready Bill." He slightly smiles. I was confused but I didn't want to pry.

"I wanted to say sorry about the other day. I didn't think you'd be affected so much." Pinetree sighed from the time we were spent away from each other. "Oh! No! Umm...it wasn't that!" I quickly responded, not wanting Pinetree to think I had affection toward him. Which I don't! I think... "Really? I'm glad!" Pinetree smiled and I was happy that Pinetree and I could hang out again.

We started talking. But I was thinking about how Pinetree's been couped up in his room. I knew how painful this was but, Pinetree always tried to stay positive.

All I want is my Pinetree to be happy.

And that's what I'm gonna do!

~Hello, my sweets! Thank you for the support for this terrible story. I'm still learning! Also, sorry about the time skips. I have no idea what to do so I'm winging it. Additionally, I've been using Grammarly but I want to try writing on my own so there will be more mistakes. Anywayyy, have a great day!~