Chapter 25

No fun fact neccesary *wink*

***

   I was currently trying not to freak the fuck out as the Devil and I sat in complete and utter silence in the empty dining hall. 

   Draven had just offered him a deal. He could send Jamie to his death, start an all-out war, or hand me over.

    I stared at the now-empty bottle  of dark liquor that sat in front of me. I picked it up, the glass felt cool against my fingers as I traced the design that covered the glass. The bottle of liquor had a logo picture of a smiling man on it, and I wished I was as happy as this fucker right now.

    "Do you have any more of this?" I asked Romen, holding up the bottle so that he could see it was empty.

   Romens jaw set as he glared at me, his eyes pooled red with agitation.

   "What? I'm thirsty." I shrugged, looking around the table for something else with alcohol in it for me to consume.

    I spotted an unopened bottle of wine on the other side of the table. I stood up, quite ungracefully, knocking over a crystal plate as it shattered to the ground.

    "Whoopsies, hope that wasn't expensive." I scoffed, waltzing towards the bottle of wine.

    I grabbed it, pouting when I saw it was sealed shut with a cork.

    "Hey Romen, do you have a wine opener thingy?" I asked.

      Romen sat in dead silence, his eyes dead set forward in thought.

    I guess he does not have an opener. 

    I pulled a steak knife off the table, and hopped up on the table, trying to  jam the knife into the cork to open it.

   "This isn't working." I pouted, resorting to banging the wine bottle against the table.

   "Will you fucking stop that?" Romen glared at me.

   "Dude, I'm literally just trying to open this. Now, if you'd be a good little devil and find me a bottle opener, that would be splendid."

    Romens eyes darkened as he stood up, his red eyes set on me as he began walking towards me.

    "I do not see a bottle opener in your hands..." I said lowly as he approached me. 

    With one angry motion, the Devil ripped the bottle from my hands and launched it at the wall. The glass shattered against the stone, the red liquid from the bottle cascaded down the wall and to me, it looked oddly like blood. Ew.

    "That was not helpful." 

    Romen glared at me with complete furry. His entire body was tense with severe pent up rage, his hands flexing at his sides as if he was holding himself back from murdering me himself.

   "What the Hell is wrong with you? Why are you so unbothered by this?" He asked, his voice loud and shaky and desperate.

   "I mean, I'm not happy about you throwing my bottle of wine against a wall, but like, I'm not going to cry about it."

    He opened and closed his mouth like he was about to scream something at me, I felt the heat from his body against my skin, and watched his face contort into disbelief and complete anger. I was taller sitting on the table, but Romen still towered over me.

    "You're fucking kidding me right? Did you listen to anything that just happened? Or are you just completely fucking incompetent?"

   I ignored the harshness of his words, "I heard everything, Romen. I'm just going to enjoy my last two weeks while I have them. So if you'd do me a favor and get me some wine, that would be nice."