Chapter 19

Das our girl Willow^^^

The National Average "body count" is 10.5

whoops

***

  The Devil watched me closely as he sipped at his scotch.

    I felt very uncomfy.

    I sat rigid on the couch, my legs tightly crossed, and my hands balled into fists on my lap. I did not like this situation, at all.  

The Devil's eyes were cool and relaxed. He wore a long-sleeve, collared black shirt. He must have combed his hair, because now it was its usual, immaculate, sleek, mass of perfection. There was a large ring on his finger that tapped against his glass of scotch, it was blood red and covered in tiny glittering gems. Tattoos covered his hands and neck.

   He pulled out a cigarette, lighting its end with a flame from his finger. His red speckled eyes light up from the light of the flame.  The Devil breathed out a cloud of smoke. 

    His gaze slid over to me like a veil of fire, and I wasn't entirely sure how I was feeling at the moment. 

   "Can you stop staring at me? I feel awkward." I said slowly, trying to advert my eyes away from him.

   He shrugged, "Well, we have to talk about something , Sparky."

  "No, thank you." I felt like if I said one wrong thing, this man would set me on fire. I didn't feel like being burnt to a crisp. Not today. Maybe tomorrow.

    I uncrossed and crossed my legs uncomfortably.

    "Alrighty, so I'll talk!" He smiled, downing the rest of his drink, "What's up with your sneaky hot body?"

    My eyes went wide, "Whoah there big boy...I thought you said I was built like a little boy."

    He shrugged, "You still are. But like, a boy with an ass."

    Okay, this was really fucking awkward.

    "What's with you and little boys, huh? Got something you wanna share with the class, Romen?"

   He glared at me, his jaw set. 

    I refused to continue feeling awkward, so I decided to stare back at him. 

    It's weird, really. How different he was. He was perhaps one of the most beautiful people I had ever laid eyes on. That's not saying much, considering my lack of real-life experience with people. But he was undeniably beautiful.  His face was strong and defined, his features molded from granite. He had dark eye brows, which sloped downwards in a constant serious expression.

    Then, there were the other worldly features about him. The almost unseen point that his teeth had. The splashes of red in his onyx eyes. And the shadows that seemed to surround him like a coat. 

      He sighed and stood up from his seat across from me. I felt my heart racing in fear as he took a step towards me, only to reach for the bottle of scotch behind my head. He filled his glass up to the brim, sitting back down in front of me.

    "Do you drink, Sparkles?" He asked lowly, his eyes still trained on me.

    "No. I have a really addictive personality, so if I drink, I think I'll become an alcoholic." 

    "So you've never had a sip of alcohol?"

    "Well, I did once. And I tried to beat up an ice sculpture, and then I slashed the tires on a Prius." I smiled sheepishly.