Chapter 10

Fun fact...

Sex can help reduce pain from headaches/migraines

***

I had always told myself to keep my power hidden from the world. I wore gloves, and distanced myself from everyone. But now...I didn't have to hold back. I was much more powerful than I had ever thought, I knew this now.

    The thing that made it worse...was that I liked the power. I liked hurting them, I wanted to hurt them. I wanted them to feel pain.

    I watched with satisfaction as Romen stood up first. His suit was singed at every angle, sizzles of smoke blew from him as he stood up. His jaw was set in agitation, and I saw small flames erupt from his fingers as he stared at me with fury and complete shock.

    I tensed, readying myself in case we were to fight again. But Romen didn't move, instead he looked to where Fallon was laying, I heard Fallon groan as he sat up. His black and white hair was singed, his face contorted in heavy discomfort as he glared at me.

    "How did you do that?" Romen asked lowly, his evil gaze still fixed on me.

    "I was just protecting myself." My hand instinctively went to my cheek and I winced as I felt the raw flesh of my skin.

    "Do you even understand what you just did?" Romen asked, his hatred filled glare morphed into something like curiosity.

    "I saved myself from you. I hit you with my lightning."

    Fallon rubbed his temples and slowly shook his head, "I've felt your lightning. That was something more. That was pain like I've never felt before, and not just physically...mentally too."

    Romen glared at me, his bloody eyes gazing my reaction. "Could you do it again?"

    I frowned, I wanted to do it again. I had never felt a rush like that before. Usually, whenever I used my power, I always felt drained afterwards. This time, I felt full of energy, almost as if my power was limitless. I wanted to feel it again, I wanted that power.

    "Yes, I could do it again."

    Romen stood up, brushing away the ashes from his singed clothes. He took long strides until he stood towering before me. His eyes had calmed into their typical speckled red, he looked down on me. My body shook with fear as he approached me.

    "Then we'll test it out. Your work with me begins now."

    My eyes widened, "You're joking, right? I thought I'd have time to prepare, to get stronger, I've only been working at this for a few hours!"

    He pulled out a cigarette, lighting it with his fingers. He look a long drag before addressing my statement.

    "Not my problem Sparky. The best way to learn, is to do." He smoked his cigarette, looking around the room with boredom in his eyes.

     "To do what? You have told me nothing."

   He looked down at me, grinning with his pointed teeth.

    "I'll show you."

   He grabbed me, and we evaporated into a cloud of black smoke.

***

    I fell onto concrete, my back slamming into the ground. My head felt dizzy and I groaned with nausea. The Devil fucking teleported. If I didn't feel so nauseous, I might actually be impressed.

    We looked to be on a quite street of a perfectly normal neighborhood, it was night time, houses lined the road. A small house stood before us, a house like any other, with a white fence that lined the edges of the property. It must have been late at night, because all the lights in the house were off, as were the neighboring homes.