Chapter 13

Fun fact...

Truly's are better than WhiteClaws

'Tis kind of a short chapter, my apologies :) 

***

    I walked into the room after the Devil, pushing past my emotions that ran through me like adrenaline. My fingers sparked to life in memory of His words, but I kept them hidden under the folds of my cloak.

   It was a big room, lined with fur couches and large oak tables. Three men sat around, each dressed lavishly in different colored suits, glasses of whiskey in their hands as they chatted with each other. Romen and I stood at the entrance of the room, still unnoticed. 

   "Which one is the target?" I asked, my voice no more than a whisper as I tried to refrain from causing attention.

 Romen merely shrugged at me. This was some kind of sick game to Him. He wanted me to just kill all of them. I looked at the men intently, and wondered to myself which one of them looked like a rapist or murderer.

  In truth, they all looked like rapists and murderers. Their oddly shaped faces twisting into sneers as they laughed with each other. They all carried guns holstered at their hips, their faces were greedy as they took sips from their glasses.

I cleared my throat, trying to get their attention as I stood still at the door. Their faces jerked over to me.

   "How the fuck did you get in here?" One of the men asked me, he and his friend stood, blocking my view of the other man that remained sitting, casually drinking from his crystal glass.

   "Oh, my associate killed them." I gestured to the Devil who looked around the room with mild interest.

  The two men's faces contorted with confusion, their hands instinctively going to their belts where their guns sat fastened. They stared at Romen, who walked around the room at a casual pace, his hands finding a tray of expensive alcohol that lay in the corner of the room.

  The men remained in front of what I could only assume was their boss. He was my target. 

   I took a step forward and their attention snapped towards me, they pulled their guns from their belts and raised them at me. I raised my hands a little, feeling electricity pump through me with the thought of a fight.

   They continued to block their boss from my view and it dawned on me that I would have to kill these men too. They weren't innocent. I could tell by their faces and how easily they were ready to shoot a little girl. 

  "You have three seconds to leave, now." One of them spat at me, his finger hovering over the trigger, and his friend followed in suit. They were not afraid to kill me. I might have powers inside me, but that didn't mean I was bullet proof. Not like the Devil, who watched casually from the shadows. He would not help me.

   I didn't wait for them to shoot me, instead I raised my hands out and my power pumped through me like blood. Lightning shot out of my fingers, embedding themselves into both of the men. The sound of gunshots rang out and I dove to the floor. Glass shattered above me, cutting into my skin as I pressed my face to the ground. I was up in a second, my lightning shooting through the room like a shield. One man remained, the boss, his gun raised, and without thinking, I dove at him. I tackled him to the ground, trying to get him to stay still as my body buzzed with pure power. His gun clattered to the ground, feet away from us. He swung at me, his fist connecting with my face and I fell off of him. My skin stung with the pain of his fist. I spat out what tasted like blood and sent a pulsing stream of lightning at him. He jumped out of the way, my lightning grazing his shoulder and he winced from the pain. He dove at me again, not waiting for me to recharge. I clawed at his face, my sparks striking his skin but he didn't seem to care, he tackled me onto a table, and I felt the glass of the table shatter underneath me. Shards of glass cut into my skin and I let out a small scream as I felt blood pour from me. The mans hands wrapped around my throat tightly, I flailed my arms, firing lightning from myself like my life depended on it, because it did. He squeezed down on my throat and I felt myself choking. Tears sprung into my eyes, and my eyes darted to the corner of the room where Romen stood.

   He didn't look as casual as he did before. His back was stiff, his eyes alert as he watched me fight off my attacker. Still, he made no move to help me.

   Black spots covered my vision as I clung onto my attackers hands, my hands gripping his wrists that squeezed my throat. 

   Usually, when I felt a burst of power. I thought only of my mom. My childhood that was stolen from me so early. The dark memories of my past. But now, I only thought in fear and anger. Fear for my life and rage for this man who choked me with everything he hand.

   I let out a scream, my hands pumping with every jagged blade of lightning I had left. Bright purple strobes erupted from me, each bigger, more dangerous than the last. Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as I poured my rage out and into this man. He flew off of me, my sparks swallowing him whole as he flew into the wall. Blood splattered against the wall from the impact, and the man crumpled to the floor. Dead.

  I struggled to my feet, coughing as I sucked in air. My throat aching with the bruises he surely left behind. I trembled as I walked over to his dead body. I was distraught, scared and above all, enraged. I let out another scream as more of my power flew from my fingers, singing his dead body. The stench of his burnt skin filled my nose. He was already dead, but I didn't care. He hurt me, he was about to kill me, and I was completely on edge. His lifeless body erupted with the sparks of my power as I continued to fire everything I had in my at him. I kicked him, screamed at him, tears continuing to fall down my face.

  I felt Romen behind me and I spun around, swinging my fist to his face.

  He caught my punch easily, his eyes filling with red as he held my wrist tightly. His eyes narrowed down on me in warning, but I didn't care. He didn't help me, he didn't even flinch when I was moments from Death.

  "You didn't help me! You didn't even fucking move, you coward." I didn't bother trying to hide my tears that streamed so freely down my face.

   I didn't care how vulnerable I was in front of him. I didn't care if he thought me weak for crying. He could have helped me, but he didn't. He didn't even care.

   "Everything I do, I do for a reason." He spoke calmly, his eyes still filled with red. His hand still closed around my hand as I tried to move it to punch him.

    I clenched the fist of my free hand, feeling the familiar spark fill my palm as I raised my hand to him. But he was quicker than me, catching my spark-filled fist with his other hand and extinguishing the lightning I sought to hurt him with.

  He squeezed my hands tightly, painfully. There was blood on my hands, whether it was mine, or from the man I just killed, I didn't know. I was too numb with blind rage and fear to feel the pain in my body.

   "You didn't help me." I squeaked out "I was about to die."

   The pools of red in his eyes simmered, but he kept his painful hold on my hands, his grip bruising and tearfully painful.

   "You wouldn't have let yourself die. I wouldn't have let you die. Trust me on this."

***

XX

Aleksei