Chapter 7

Fun fact...

One in 5 people use their smart phones during sex.

Okay...that's just rude. Imagine it, a guy is GIVING IT HIS ALL!!!! And you're just chillin, looking at Pinterest. HE IS TRYING HIS BEST!!!

***

My mind felt numb as my eyes cracked open. Exhaustion fluttered at my consciousness as I sat myself up. I was back in the cage, my body sprawled on the prison floor like dust. The white sheet covered my body and I winced in preparation at my wounds as I pulled the thin sheet off of me.

I frowned at my leg, finding no scarring or burn marks. Only smooth, pale skin. I still wore the tattered clothes that barley clung to my skin, but there were no injuries. Almost as though they never happened. That wasn't possible...I felt the pain, I heard the sizzling of my skin, I could still smell the stench of burning flesh. None of this was possible.

I stood up in the small cage, staring at my fingertips and remembering what had happened. I knocked that man on his ass. I kicked the Devil's ass. Go me!

I couldn't even begin to explain what had happened. It was like something came over me, something powerful and strong that took over my body and portrayed this power that I had never felt before. I had been able to conjure up that much lightning before. I had never felt that kind of surge, so much so, that it possessed me like a demon.

I had no intention of letting the Devil kill me. He could torment and humiliate me however he pleased, but he would not kill me. I will not let him.

I felt myself go rigid at the sounds of footsteps, my lightening sparking to life at the thought of a fight as I prepared myself, clenching my fists at my side.

Fallon's tall frame came into view as he stood in front of me, and I felt myself exhale in relief. He towered over me, wearing dark clothes that covered every inch of his body, a black cloak folded over his shoulders, dripping to the floor like a thick, black waterfall.

"Come with me." He said sternly. The iron gate to my cell clicked open at his words. I froze in place, unsure of what to do. Should I fight him? Should I run?

His eyes narrowed down at me as I stood still, his fingers tapping impatiently.

"Running is pointless." He said firmly, almost as if he was reading my thoughts, he took a step towards me, his figure taking up the entire doorway of the cell frame.

I took a step back, feeling the power inside of me, pressuring me to strike at him. I felt the familiar hum of lightning, and looked down at my fingertips. Bright, purple sparks glittered at my fingers, their fiery embers sizzling as they almost begged me to attack him.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Things have changed." He said firmly, his watery eyes gazing down at the small sparks of lightening that shimmered at my side.

"Where are you taking me?" I finally spoke, my throat dry, my voice cracking as I tried my best to stand tall.

His watery eyes drifted down my filthy frame, taking in my tattered clothes and muddy skin.

"To get cleaned up. Like I said, things have changed. You will have an opportunity to save yourself." He said, taking a step out of the cell and motioning for me to follow him.

I took a step before pausing, "If this is a trap, and you're still planning on killing me...I swear I'll kill you first."

His lips turned up in mild amusement, "I assure you, I will not kill you. You are safe for now, but that doesn't mean I won't stop you if you try to run or attack me."