🌞Chapter 2🌻

🌞🌻

In middle school and high school, being popular had nothing to do with personality, just looks. On the other hand, in college, many of the girls had more dating experience and had developed a taste in men which valued what was on the inside more than what was on the outside. There were few girls now who wanted to be involved with a guy as notorious as Mew, but there was no use in saying that to him. Mew simply wouldn't understand.

"Tried going to a singles night?"

"I don't even get invited to those nowadays."

"Yeah, I heard that rumors about you have reached other colleges as well."

Hearing this, Mew grew even more displeased.

"Did I really do anything bad?"

"Yes. Really now, Mew...you've done some petty awful things. You got a girl pregnant and then told her that you didn't care whether she had the baby or got rid of it, because you weren't going to give her any money. Then you told her that you didn't even think it was your kid to begin with. Don't you think that's a little, oh, inconsiderate?"

It eventually became a legend on campus. When she had miscarriage due to emotional stress, he had come out with the unthinkablr, saying thatbit was 'a good thing, because niw she can save on the abortiom vosts.'

"What? Therebwas no guarantee thatbI was the only giy she was sleeping with. And I did usenproyection, so it's notnlikr I could've gotten her pregnant."

"That's not an excuse. Stop tryinhbto weasel your way out of thid," Gulf said, speaking frankly with him.

"I don't like irritating women anyway."

"And what about the time you told a girl, in the middle of a date, that you were bored and you wanted to break up with her? And then you just started walking home! Then there was the time a girl threatened to  herself---she was ready to jump out of the window, and you offered to push her! I've heard more things than I can even remember!"

There were a lot of nasty rumors flying around about Mew. In fact, they bad become regular points of conversation at drinking parties.

"Oh, they're still talking about that? I don't even remember who that was."

One might think that the word 'asshole' had been created especially for this guy, but the fact of the matter was, the guy in question had no idea that he was doing anything wrong.

"If you keep doing things like that, then no one's going to want to be around you anymore."

"What? If it's not fun anymore, then why should I keep them around?" Mew was being thickheaded as usual, and so Gulf had no choice but to give up now. "Anyway I don't have time for girls that I'm not excited about. If I'm not into them, then that's the end. Nothing wrong with that."

And while there was a certain truth to his words, the way he went about things was totally, and disastrously wrong.

"Well, how about you stop dating every singke girl that shows interest in you?"

Mew frowned at this idea too.

"If I don't date them, how am I going to know what kind of girls they are? If I don't know what kind of girls they are, how do you expect me to find the one? If they say they like me, then I'll date them. It's perfectly normal, don't you think?"

Gulf couldn't argue with this logic, and Mew was obviously not going to be convinced otherwise.

"Then you should be nicer to the girls you date."

"My dear Gulf, there is no need, I'm the one I love the most."

On the average, Mew had one or two girlfriends at a time. He would meet them when he wanted to and avoided them when he didn't want to see them. Experience taught him that girls were good for a roll in the hay two or three times before getting boring, so his relationships would usually end after those conditions were met. And while some of them would threaten to slit their wrists, none of them actually had, so Mew never took them seriously. He really was something else.

TBC