🌞Chapter 19🌻

🌞🌻

"Now, tell me."

Holding a pizza and a beer in each hand, Gulf looked at Mew inquiringly. He had no intention of going back to university now, so they had decided to get drunk and make a party of it. Gulf never remembered alcohol being this delicious. He wasn't too used to alcohol, but he happily gulped it down.

"What?"

Mew could consume pizza and beer twice as fast as Gulf. Gulf liked that Mew had such an appetite. Even though there wasn't much to appreciate about Mew, it seemed that Mew had cast some kind of spell over Gulf, and now he was only ever seeing the good side of his arrogant lover.

"The first time we met. Why did you come and rescue me?"

"You looked like you were in trouble."

"...I see."

Gulf thought for a moment and then shook his head.

"I didn't know you were such a nice person."

"What kind of lover are you? You shouldn't say stuff like that!"

"But we've been friends for a while now, Mew, you're really not the kind of person to go out of your way for someone in need."

"...you might be right."

Mew nodded.

"Yeah, I wouldn't help anybody."

"Right. So why did you help me?"

"You might not like the answer." Mew took a casual bite of his pizza.

"I was just dumped by a girl. And yet everyone was talking about this other guy, and not our high-profile break up. So I got interested."

"Interested? In what?"

"You're the cool beauty, right? I heard the rumors that you do both guys and girls, and I wanted to know what kind of person you were. And every time I saw you, you would flash that gorgeous smile of yours. I thought that it would be an excellent opportunity to ask some of the questions I'd been dying to know the answers to. And strangely, I found that I really liked you."

"Really?!" Gulf hadn't realized that he was that famous. People had been talking about him so much that it overshadowed even Mew's break up. And yet, it wasn't so bad that he was the subject of so much gossip. It had grabbed Mew's attention.

"Well, when I finally was able to talk to you. I realized what a stupid person you are. I wondered why no one else noticed it. The reason why you never answered their questions was probably because everyone was talking too fast for you to understand! You're so dim!"

"Shut up!" They often had play fights like this when they had been friends. "I'm not that dim!"

"You are dim. Dimmer than me anyway."

"You talk too fast. That's how you trick so many girls and why you're able to do so many cruel things. It's how you've become the subject of vicious rumors and why no one else will come near you."

"...again with the hurtful remarks"

"That's rich, coming from you. You're always picking on me."

"It's all right if I do it, but not you"

"Why?! It's that kind of selfishness that scares everyone away from you!"

"I have you. So I haven't scared away everyone. Gulf, you're a girl"

"I am not a girl! What makes you say that?!"

"You act like one. So that means I'm your boyfriend, right?"