🌞Chapter 6🌻

🌞🌻

Mew and Gulf first met at the beginning of the second year of college, at the school canteen.

"Why don't you lot just cut it out?"
The voice was loud and sudden. Gulf, thinking that it couldn't possibly addressing him, continued to sip his tea absent-mindedly. The room that was once full of chattering and clattering instantly fell silent to the point where he could even hear whispering.

'Hey? What the hell is going on?'

He had been trying to coolly ignore the classmates infront of him, who, like most of his other peers, sought to entertain themselves by picking on him. But now their malicious expressions were gone, replaced instead with gaping expressions.

"Hey, I don't think he's enjoying that. You wouldn't like it if people talked shit right in front of your face, would you?"

It was the first time someone had ever stood up for him.

"Playboy." One of the bullies sneered at Gulf, defiantly.

He wondered when the rumors started. He was nowhere being cool or beautiful or even a playboy. It was ridiculous. Gulf could only give a bitter smile in return. 'What did they know?' And yet, the rumors circulated so quickly that they were taken for truth.

"He sells himself."

"One of his customers bought him a house."

"He likes girls, but he prefers boys. He has one first-rate body."

"He worked as a host and he was number one at his bar."

He wasn't from Tokyo and didn't know anyone there, so he didn't have any sort of reputation or friends to help him fight the overwhelming surge of nasty gossip. He was just the weird 'new kid' that everyone speculated about, who was too pretty to be normal and too quiet to be innocent. Hence, the rumors became truth, and suddenly Gulf became known as the whore who would sleep with anyone, male or female. It was unbelievable that anyone could call him a whore without even knowing about him or his past relationships, but he wasn't about to make his situation any more difficult than it already was. It was hard enough to get used to life in such a big city, so if that's what everyone wanted to think, then he might as well let them.

As long as he knew the truth himself, that's all that mattered.

It became so common place for others to ask him who he was currently sleeping with that he learned to just laugh it off. And yet, that was not an easy task. Almost every time he entered a public place like the school cafeteria, someone would ask him about these supposed 'boyfriends' and things would get really nasty, really fast. With people so eager to provoke him, he learned to just ignore them and keep his cool. That's how he'd survived.

"When was your first time? Where? With who? How many people have you gone down on? And...what's your favorite position?" the stranger had asked, turning to the others with a grin.

The boy had chuckled. The bastards didn't take well to being interrogated. They immediately fell silent, not expecting to be given a taste of their own medicine. Gulf felt trapped, he didn't want to cause any trouble, but now it seemed like he had.

"I guess it's pretty crowded in here. A bar would be more comfortable setting, hmm? Come on, let's go." Not even giving Gulf the chance to answer, the stranger took his right hand. Gulf was pulled to his feet, finally realizing who it was that had spoken in his defense.

"Oh!" Gulf gasped aloud. The person who had stuck up for him was the most famous person in the university!

TBC