🌞Chapter 24🌻

🌞🌻

The doorbell rang, Gulf announced that he was coming and headed towards the door. It was half past seven. Mew was a little later than Gulf expected, so everything was already prepared.

"Come in."

He opened the door and in front of him a bright yellow thing jumped in. For an instant, he panicked.

"This is the first time that I've come over since we started dating, so I thought that I'd get you something. But it was really hard to think of something for you. I figured you probably didn't want alcohol. And you don't eat sweet things. I didn't want to overdo it with a big present or something, so I got you these."

Gulf was speechless. Mew was handing him a massive bundle of sunflower.

"They're pretty, aren't they? You can put them in a vase or something."

"...oh, yeah."

Every year, there would be lots of guys who would give him flowers for his birthday. He felt bad to just therow them away, so he would decorate his room with them even though he didn't really want to. Flowers required some care, so he wasn't happy to have to deal with them. He wished they had gotten something edible instead.

But to get flowers from the person he loved made him so very happy.

He couldn't find the words to say thank you.

"You din't like them?"

At Gulf's silence, Mew became a little uneasy. Gulf shook his head.

The reality was he was so happy, he almost felt like he was going to cry. But he couldn't cry here. He didn't know what might happen if Mew found out that Gulf actually liked him.

Gulf clung to the bunch of sunflower and he looked at Mew, ecstatic.

"Thank you! They're wonderful! I'll put them in a vase now! Thank you so much!"

"...damn you." Mew took off his shoes and came in. He ran his hands through his hair.

"You're so cute. Come on, let go of the flowers and give me a cuddle." He stretched out his arms and in that moment, Gulf dropped the sunflowers on the floor and fell into Mew's embrace.

"Dinner is ready."

"Yep, I know. I smelt something delicious a moment ago. You smell delicious too. Give me a welcome home kiss."

"Welcome home? This isn't your home."

"Don't be stupid," Mew snorted. "Whenever you are is my home."

"...Mew, you say such cringe-worthy things! Is this how you deceive your women too?"

"I don't deceive them. I only tell them the truth. I don't lie. Do I?"

Gulf realized that he might be right. But there were cons to being too truthful, and that's what always got him into trouble.

"...welcome home."

He said it, although he couldn't quite believe it. It was all new to him. The first time he had a boyfriend, the first time he had sex with a guy, and then the first time he had someone he was really close to.

This can't be...can't be the real thing.

Gulf was used to Mew talking about this girl or that girl. And after three days, a week, or at the most three weeks later, he would decide it was a mistake and break it off with them.

So he couldn't fall for the same tricks.

He was so happy, but he just couldn't fall into it.

"Thank you." Mew grinned and Gulf kissed him.

It almost felt like they were the real thing.

TBC