🌞Chapter 31🌻

🌞🌻

At school, the whole thing had finally started to calm down. Everyone decided that it was all a joke on Mew's part. This was in part thanks to the fact that the outward appearance of their relationship seemed unchanged.

"I don't really mind," Mew said in the school cafeteria, sipping away his usual cup of coffee. "I don't really like it, but it sounds like everyone's decided that there is no way you would be dating an asshole like me. I mean, I'm not that a bad guy, am I?"

"Physically anyway." Gulf smiled. Mew didn't look pleased however.

"Really? I thought I wasn't too bad."

"A wife who decide to divorce her husband, does it matter who was actually in the wrong? The person who does the breaking up is always going to look like the bad guy."

Mew waved his hand dismissively and pouted.

"But he married his wife because she had some good points. If she doesn't have them anymore, then there's no point in dating."

"The conclusion of a scoundrel."

'Well, my good point is that I haven't dated anyone else.'

Gulf sighed. He really didn't understand why Mew had been dating him for this long. Maybe it was as Mew said. Because he had an amazing body.

'Well, I guess that's good though,' he thought to himself.

If Mew was staying because of his body then it could still be a while before they broke up.

"Hey, Mew!"

Coming towards them was a group that Mew had hangout with a while back. Gulf didn't really have anything to do with them. You could almost say that he and these people came from different worlds. They were the playboys.

"What's up with you? Haven't been getting any lately?"

"People have been saying you don't have any girlfriends now."

"We're holding a singles party today, wanna cone?"

'What should I do? Should I get up? It's kind of difficult to have this conversation with me around.'

Mew looked up at them and was quite annoyed.

"Oh? Why are you inviting me all of a sudden? I thought you didn't want me hanging out with you guys anymore?"

"Hey, don't be like that. It's like this...we we're told to get all the good looking guys to come. They're stewardess. Stewardess, man. They're going to be hot."

"I'll pass." Mew waved them away. "Oh, and don't bother me again. I told you before that I never want to hangout with you guys again. Wasn't that after I took one of your women? She wasn't that good anyway. Terrible in bed."

One of the group's members started to push forward, looking as if he wanted to punch Mew, but the others pushed him back.

"What's the matter? Let him go. He's not competition for us anymore. You can tell just by his face."

"You guys have no guts. Stewardess or no stewardess, go and have your singles night. I'm don't have anything to do with it."

Mew glared at the group. Everyone fell silent as the tension drowned out all else. With a spit as their final retort, the group finally left the cafeteria. Mew made a face.

"Aah, what was I doing?"

"Ye-yeah! I mean a singles night..."

"Eh? What do you mean? I don't have any reason to go anyway. It's not that." Mew sighed. "Why did I ever hangout with those guys? They're all idiots. At one time I thought they were cool. They were all so proud of how many people they'd been with, how many people they'd dated. And stewardess. What an idiots."

"Mew...."

Gulf wanted to pull Mew close to him. He'd stopped saying that he wanted a woman or he wanted to hook up with someone. Before, those were the only thing he'd talked about.

"They really weren't cool."

This wasn't the time to ask about what was bothering Mew, so Gulf stayed silent, drinking his tea.

"...Come to think of it, do you have any friends?"

"Yeah..." Mew pointed a finger at Gulf.

"I only need you. I only really have fun when I'm with you. You don't have any friends apart from me either, right?"

"I have a few people I know, but no one I'm close to like you. I guess I don't have any friends either."

"It's best to have a friend and a lover in one, huh?"

Mew flashed Gulf a roguish grin.

"I already have what I want. So I don't need to go to any parties. Anyway, would you be bothered if I went?"

'Of course I would. I would hate it.'

But Gulf knew he had no right to stop him.

"...but, don't you enjoy them?" he asked brightly. Mew studied Gulf's face for a moment and then sighed.

"If I went I'd surely get laid. You'd be okay with that?"

'No. No. I'd hate it.'

But Gulf wouldn't say anything. He couldn't say anything.

Yet he couldn't bring hinself to say that he would be all right with it.

Gulf smiled.

"Well, whatever. That's you, I guess. Anyway, what are we doing today? Want to go eat somewhere?"

Gulf was relieved that Mew was back to normal.

"Want to make something for me?"

Sunday to Thursday they spent the night at Mew's place. Friday and Saturday they stayed over at Gulf's. This was simply because Mew's closer to campus.

"Eh? Me cook again? What are you thinking of?"

"I've really wanted to have an omelet recently."

Gulf was beaming. Mew looked exasperated.

"You are such a little kid! Was it good?"

"Yeah! I dreamt about it three times afterwards. If it's okay with you?"

"I'll have to make it now!"

Mew tossed the paper cup into the trashcan and stroked Gulf's cheek.

"You have to do the shopping though."

"Okay!"

Gulf nodded. Every moment he was with Mew, he couldn't help but smile.

TBC