🌞Chapter 7🌻

🌞🌻

"Mew Suppasit..."

"Oh, you know me?"

Mew smiled, but conversation was not enough to deter him from pulling Gulf towards the canteen exit.

Gulf was stunned by how natural and attractive Mew's smile was. He was...pretty good-looking.

Mew said something. Gulf was pulled back to his senses.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't hear you, what was that?"

"I said...if you don't want to answer, then just say so. They just kept asking you the same dumb shit over and over. They seem pretty interested in your life. But if they make you uncomfortable, then why do you want to be friends with them?"

"Friends..."

They were eating lunch together, but it didn't mean they were friends. Gulf only agreed to sit with them because he wanted to know what others were saying about him.

"They seemed curious about me and wanted to hangout for a bit..."

"So, that's all there is to it?" Mew stopped near the exit and suddenly his voice changed.

"What does it feel to do it with a guy? How do you stick it in? Does it feel good? Do you really romp around with them?" Mew narrowed his eyes, doing a remarkably good impression of the boys who had pestered Gulf earlier.

Gulf burst out laughing.

"Pretty good!"

Mew grinned at Gulf, shrugging.

"Don't you get tired of it all? They might leave you alone if you just give them an answer. Surely a little hint couldn't hurt?"

"But they won't be satisfied, no matter what I tell them...so I might as well just stay quiet," Gulf explained. Mew looked a little surprised.

"Wow." He nodded. "Well, I guess you've got a point. I've heard the 'cool beauty' stories so I thought you'd be God's gift to mankind. But you're not as spectacular as they make you out to be, huh?"

Gulf thought the comment was a little rude, but he knew it was true. He really wasn't special or good with relationships. He wasn't always to quick to understand things, either. Sometimes he was slow to grasp the meaning of jokes.

"Maybe you're right..." Gulf said, a little dejectedly. Mew laughed again.

"Don't tell me you actually started to believe them? That's pretty odd. You're an interesting guy! We should be friends."

That was the first time anyone said that to him and meant it.

Gulf was speechless for a moment, but then his lips curled into a smile. He nodded.

"Ye-yeah! You're right." He was so happy, even if he felt kind of pathetic. Up until now there was no one he could call a true friend. And to think his first friend would be the most famous guy in the university, someone he wouldn't have believed would have even spoken to him! Then, he remembered---he hadn't even thanked Mew for saving him earlier. But as Gulf opened his mouth to say thank you, he noticed that the canteen was not in its usual state of chaos. Everyone in the canteen had stopped and were now looking at him and Mew. Gulf gaped.

"It might just be me, but isn't everyone looking at us?"

"Probably." Mew grinned, not in the least bit fazed by all the attention in the least.

Gulf couldn't help but be captivated once again.

"We're famous, you know. It's like seeing two celebrities battle it out for the top spot. So it's probably a bit of a spectacle."