CH-1 Prologue

*3rd person pov* 

"MOM! DAD! WAKE UP! WE GET OUR QUIRKS TODAY!" an excited Izumi shouts.

Izuku is not far behind her as he jumps up on the bed with her. The Yagi's groan as they are forced awake by their kids.

"I guess I expected this to happen." Toshinori Yagi planly states. He sighs as he gets up.

"Go get ready you two." Inko Yagi tells Izuku and Izumi.

"OK MOM!" they both say as they run to their rooms to get dressed.

"*Sigh* it is going to be a long day." Toshinori says.

*Time Skip to Doctor's office*

"Well, Mr and Mrs Yagi, I have good news for you both. Your little Izumi has a very powerful quirk. Her quirk is a strength multiplier quirk that will allow her to get stronger the more she trains it." the Doctor says.

"That is wonderful doctor. What about Izuku?" Inko inquires.

"Well, it turns out that he is a part of the 40% of the population that has a soulmate. You can see the mark on the back of his hand beginning to form." the doctor says.

"What about his quirk?" Toshinori asks.

"Well... it appears that he does not have a third joint in his toe. That is the most tell-tale sign for a quirk. I'm sorry to say but it appears that he is quirkless." the doctor replies with a frown.

"C-can I s-still b-be a h-hero?" Izuku asks with tears pouring down his face.

"You can be anything you put your mind to." the doctor says to Izuku.

"Thanks again doctor." Toshinori says as they leave.

"Any time." the doctor says.

*Time Skip to back at home*

Izuku is crying as he walks down the stairs. His mom and dad told him that he will now sleep in the far room in the basement. When he gets there, he looks at the rags that have just become his bed. He curls up in a ball and asks the universe "Why" as he looks around the dark, musty room. He has a shelf along the wall, and a desk in a corner. His only sources of light are the small window leading outside and the single lightbulb hanging in the center of the room. He begins to cry himself to sleep. Wondering what he did to deserve this.

*Jiro pov* (Not really, it will still be in 3rd person but I do not know what to say when i switch between what Izuku and Jiro are experiencing.)

Kyoka Jiro is sitting in the Doctor's office with her parents waiting to be called in to see her results. Her legs were swinging back and forth in anticipation. Finally, after what seemed like hours to the little girl, the doctor came back to the room.

"Hi, sorry for the wait." the doctor said.

"Oh no problem." Kyotoku, Kyoka's father said.

"It was not that long." Mika, Kyoka's mother responded.

"Ok, well I have some good news for you. Little Kyoka is part of the 40% of the population who has a soulmate." the doctor said.

"What is a soulmate?" Kyoka asked.

"Hmm... how do I put this... it is someone who will love you and protect you with all of their heart. They will be with you always. Soulmates have a special bond. You will be able to feel what your soulmate feels when you concentrate on the mark on the back of your hand." the doctor told her.

"That sounds amazing!" Kyoka said.

"Indeed it is." the doctor said.

"Is there anything else?" Kyoka's dad asks.

"Yes actually. She has a quirk. Her quirk is the same as her mother's, Earphone Jack. She will be able to do a lot of things with it. One of the ups of this quirk is that she will have enhanced hearing." the doctor said.

"I wanna be a Hero!" Kyoka shouts.

Her smile is huge and everyone in the room thinks "Must protect". They then thank the doctor for his help and leave for their home. In the car, Kyoka says,

"I wanna find my soulmate."

"We will sweety. We won't stop until we find him." her parents say.

Hi author here. This is my first fanfic and I am trying to figure out how I am going to do this. Sorry if this chapter is a little short. I will tend to make them longer than this. I hope you enjoyed it.