Chapter 1

"Hey Kid." He heard a voice say, he opened his eyes but everything was an utter blur. "You still with us?" 

     He looked to the direction of the voice, his vision still blurred, taking a while to focus. The figure was a smudge of red and gold, the voice sounding so familiar, but his head was too fuzzy to place it straight away. He looked around, his vision slowly coming back. He saw the Lizard on the ground and in large cuffs, he then noticed as the rising in his ears started to fade the crowed was cheering his name. He made an attempt to get up but an arm stopped him, he looked to it again and it was metallic. He took a moment and looked up again, his vision better and he soon realised who it was keeping him in place. Iron Man. "You took a hard hit while taking him down. You need to sit." He told him sternly.

"I'm fine." Peter told him as he attempted to get up again, but the arm didn't budge. When Peter tried harder Tony pushed him back down firmly.

"No, kid you aren't." His voice sounded slightly condescending. Peter hated that. He didn't need this guy talking to him like he was 12.

"I'm fine, really. I heal quick." He said actually getting up this time, pushing Iron Man off. He attempted to walk away when grabbed him by the arm.

     "That might be but you still took a hard hit. Probably have a mild concussion. Besides, we need to talk." Peter had no intention to stay. He ripped his arm out of Tony's grip and was about to thwip away until he heard the next word that came out of Tony's mouth. "Peter" It was in a hushed whisper, he only heard it because of his heightened senses. He turned quickly to look at Tony, eyes wide, his mask emulating his shock. "Yes. I know your name. Don't worry, your identity is safe, you're good. Very good in fact, took me a while to figure it out." Peter was getting slightly irritated Tony's arrogant aura. His jaw tightened as he glared at Tony.

"You know Stark, you really are a douche. What do you want?" Peter asked, his temper slipping a little.

"Only to talk. That's all. Meet me, at this address in normal clothes in about an hour. Its about a job." He said passing him a card. "15 minutes is all I ask." Peter took the card slowly, eyeing the address. It was for an old Pizza place. Why would he have a business card for this? Does his suit make one up when he needs it?

"Fine. 15 minutes, not a second more." He said before shooting a web and started to swing towards his apartment to change.

He stood outside the Pizza joint, the neon sign slightly flickering. The old sign read 'Stan's Pizza'. Peter was familiar with this place, it was his favourite, he assumed Tony knew this and chose a place Peter liked to sweet talk him. He sighed before pushing open the door, he heard a slight ding of a bell as he walked in. He looked around, it was completely deserted. Not ominous at all. An elderly gentleman, maybe in his late 60's to early 90's Peter couldn't really tell, came out of the kitchen. "Can I get you anything kid?"

"Not just yet, thanks Stan. Just meeting a... friend." He said smiling at the man. "But I'll let you know when I do." Stan smiled, nodded and went back to the kitchen. Peter walked to the back of the restaurant and sat in a booth. He waited for about 20 minutes, he was starting to get irritated. Couldn't even be on time to his own meeting spot. Peter used to admire Tony, still did but the genius side of him, not the douchey celebrity hero. Peter was very close to leaving before he heard the door open and the bell ring. He looked up to see Tony Stark in a a black and white suit, always in a suit this guy.

He watched the old man return and smile at him. "Nothing for me at the moment Stan but thank you." He said and the man returned to the kitchen. Tony made his way over to Peter and sat opposite him in the booth. There was a hard silence between the two and Peter no longer had his mask to, well, mask his face and emotions. He was unintentionally glaring at the older man still fuming about earlier.