Chapter 3

"So... to recap: this Thanos was behind the 'Battle of New York' and he's collecting these 'Infinity Stones'. Dr Strange over there has the 'Time Stone' and Vision has the 'Mind Stone'. And Thanos' plan is to destroy half of the Universe? And collecting the stones is his way of doing it as quick as a snap?" I repeat back everything Tony just said to me and I get this shiver down my spine and the weird sense that I made some sort of pun without knowing it.

"That about sums it up, yeah."

"So why don't we turn back? With the rest of the team? Won't we have a better chance?"

"If we turn back now we might get attacked in space and Thanos will take the stone with ease or if we go back to earth we might be too late and he would then be waiting for us. If we fight him here we have the element of surprise and if we fail we at least waste his time enough that the others will be prepared for him."

"I guess."

"Hey, I know you're worried about them. About her, so am I. I understand."

"I know I know, it's just... I left her with Vision. If there were more of Thanos' cronies they could've gone after Vision."

"I'm sure they are fine."

"Yeah probably,"I sigh, I wasn't mentally prepared for any of this today. I was meant to be back in bed by now with Wanda enjoying what little time away we had. "So, where's my invitation to the wedding? Did it get lost in the mail?" I joke.

"Of course you're invited. You're the flower girl."

"Oh ha ha, very funny-"

"Sorry to interrupt but I think we're here." Strange tell us, we approach the giant monitor that showed us entering the atmosphere of the planet, we started to veer towards a giant structure.

"I don't think this rig has a self-park function." Tony says he puts his arm into the large metal stressing gimbal that was clearly built for someone the size of hulk. Tony points to the other one and says to me, "Get your hand into this steering gimbal. Close those around it. You understand?"

"Yep, got it." I say as I close it around my arm.

"This was clearly meant for one big guy, so we gotta to move at the same time."

"Okay. Okay. Ready." The ship was getting closer and closer to the giant structure that oddly looked like a giant game of jacks, that weird thing from the eighties, "We might wanna turn. Turn! Turn! Turn!" Tony armors up as the ringship clips the "jack" structure, but from the sound of it we lost a good third of the ship in the collision. Dr. Strange steps between us and creates what looks like a shield around us. "This is gonna be a rough landing." I mutter under my breath as we hid the surface of the planet. Scarlet had activated my extendable arms before the crash so I was braced as we hit the ground luckily, I turn to see Strange helping Tony up as he de-helmets.

"You alright?" Tony asks panting, Strange gives him a little nod also panting, "that was close. I owe you one."

"Is it bad to say that was one of the coolest things I've ever done?" I say looking between the two, I see a tiny smirk on Tony's face

"Yeah you know, if we weren't preparing to fight a mad alien trying to kill us I would be loving the fact we are on another planet." Tony tells him patting him on the shoulder.

"Peter, I read multiple targets moving towards us on my scanners." Scarlet pipes up in my ear.

"How many?" I ask leading to Strange and Tony looking to me.

"I detect three heat signatures."

"We've got incoming." as if on queue I hear a small clang as my spider-sense goes off and a grenade rolls into view sending us all back by some kind of energy pulse. I groan in pain as the new adversaries enter the ship.