Chapter 7

They all feel the wave of energy as Peter snaps his fingers. Tony looked around as the sounds of fighting behind him slowly become quiet and he sees what Peter did, almost exactly like five years ago when everyone turned to dust. Tony watched as Thanos' army slowly disappeared. He turns his attention back to Thanos who was in absolute shock as his army dissolved around him, he takes a seat as he slowly feel the end coming for him and they all watch him do so. Eventually, the Mad Titan too faded into dust. Tony would've relished in this moment of glory until he remembered how it came to be and he rushed over to a stumbling Peter and sits him down.

"Hey Pete, hey, you're okay." Tony says falling to his knees beside him, "You're going to be just fine."

He looks to see most of Peter's right side very damaged as his breathing becomes shallow. Tony can hear Wanda and the rest of the Avengers behind him.

"You're going to be fine okay?" Tears begin to fall from his eyes.

"Hey kid," Rhodey starts, but he doesn't know what else to say.

"Scarlet?" Tony asks.

"Life functions critical."

"That's fine, that's fine." He says in denial. "There's gotta be something we can do." Tony says looking to those who stood behind him. "We have to do something!"

"Tony..." He hears Peter whisper but he ignores him as he locks eyes with Dr Strange.

"T-the Time Stone! We can reverse his injuries!" Tony exclaims at the doctor.

"It's far too dangerous."

"W-what? No come on, you can do it! Just take it-"

"Without the necklace to contain it we have no idea the effects it'll have on the user." Strange explains.

"I don't care! It's a chance I'm willing to take!" Tony says grasping Peter's hand, pulling the destroyed armour off his hand and yanking out the Time Stone from the rest of the stone before placing the the rest of the stones to the ground, his suits nanotech starts shift and wrap around the stone for him to control and he feels a surge of energy flows through him as the others look at him.

"Tony! This is far too risky!" Steve tells him.

"We are not losing him!" Tony yells.

He outstretches his hand and focus the Stone and slowly rolls his hand to the left and he watches as nothing happens at first.

"Come on!" He says in response to it not working as the energy continues to surge within him, causing him a small amount of pain.

He finally stops and falls to his knees when Peter gasps, as if he just came back to life and his injuries quickly reverse with his hand looking as good as new. Tony then rips the stone out of his suit and put it with the others breathing heavily. Wanda and Doctor Strange rush over to Peter to check him out, while Steve checks on Tony.

"You're an idiot." He hears Peter says to him, his breathing slowly becoming normal.

"And you're a jackass." Tony breathes back before they both pass out.

- - - - - - - - -

"tie mi t͡ʃaˈjaɫəm
ˈʃiɪdeŋ ˈti e ˈʃte
ˈdrage wo t͡sto ˈmisliɫəm
ˈdom naʃ ˈʃiɪdeŋ ˈgnieʒdo
bez veˈdeɪ̆ doˈkude ˈjit͡ʃiʃ
ˈʃiʒa ˈsunt͡so nad tiˈe" Peter hears as he feels someone strokes his hair, his eyes slowly opening and adjusting to the light.

"Wanda?" Peter asks, he was still dazed and his eyes hadn't fully adjusted but he recognised her voice.

"Oh you're awake!" She exclaims, "you've been out for a few days now." She tells him helping him to sit up, his eyes finally adjust and she sees her smiling face.