Chapter 6

Wanda continued to watch of the Spider as Ultron worked on his new body and Peter kept trying to talk to her but she ignored him. He attempted again and again, trying to change her mind. He tried being nice; he tried being mean. He tried to relate to her, and he tried to goad her. He complimented her and insulted her. He was calm, collective and then screaming and shouting and nothing seemed to work. She just sat there in silence swapping shifts with Pietro and he was no better to try on. He would just retaliate with some bullshit answer like 'what would you know,' and dismiss Peter, Pietro didn't even try to talk to Peter, and Peter was getting so bored. Why hadn't Ultron killed him yet? What logic is there for Peter to be left alive unless Ultron had a plan to use him against the Avengers.

"Stop that." Wanda blurted out.

"What?" Peter hadn't been doing anything.

"You're humming."

"I am?" Peter didn't even realise.

"Yes. 'I want it that way'. It's annoying." She told him.

"Really, Backstreet Boys?" Peter laughed to himself. There was a long silence between the two, Wanda going back to ignoring him. So he tried being nice, and he tried being mean, let's try annoying. "You are... my fire," this made Wanda look at him again as he started the beginning of the song. "The one... desire, believe when I say-"

"What are you doing?" Wanda asked but Peter ignored her and continued his singing.

"I want it that way,"

"Stop it." Peter ignored her again. His singing getting slightly louder as he continued.

"But we are two worlds apart, Can't reach to your heart,"

"Why are you singing?"

"When you say, That I want it that way,"

"Stop singing!" Wanda shouted tired of being ignored.

"Tell me why!" Peter shouted back at the same level, "Ain't nothin' but a heartache, tell me why! Ain't nothin' but a mistake, tell me why! I never wanna hear you say, I want it that way." And before Peter could continue the song Wanda covered his mouth with her hand.

"Stop singing." He said back something but it was in audible and came out as a hum so she removed her hand. "What?"

"I said that shit is catchy. Hard not to sing." Peter said smiling at her. He finally got a reaction out of her. She rolled her eyes at him and went to sit down again. "What else am I supposed to do? I'm bored. Normally with a kidnapping I'm interrogate or tortured. This is just dull!" She just stayed silent again. "And you won't even talk to me. Silent treatment, very childish." She scoffed at this.

"I'm being childish? You just at there and sang because 'that shit is catchy' and to be annoying and I'm childish."

"Yes you are. Just because you know I'm right." He stated.

"Right? About what?"

"The fact that you and Pietro shacking up with Ultron was a terrible idea."

"Shacking up?-"

"He will betray you, Wanda. He may be offering you revenge but he has a bigger picture in mind. I've been doing this for so long now Wanda and they always have a bigger plan. He is using you and Pietro!" Peter said in a hushed yell. Wanda just stared at him, opening her mouth and closing it a few times before actually speaking.

"You don't know that-"

"You both hate Tony so much, Ultron is an A.I. created by Tony! Do you know what that means Wanda? Apart of Tony's personality is in Ultron. The worst parts, the narcissist, the child who's always borderline away from a tantrum, the 'my way or the high way' asshole! You saw how he cut Klaus arm off after he compared Ultron to Tony! He is insane, Wanda! He-"