Chapter 1

"Peter... Will you let her die like you did me...."

"No!" I yell, my body shooting to an upright position as I stretch out my arm to nothing. My breathing was heavy, I wipe my forehead to find a large amount of sweat.

"Peter?" Wanda stirs awake, "Whats wrong?"

"Nothing sweetie. Go back to sleep." I tell her not wanting to worry, but she chooses to ignore me and sits up beside me.

"Did you have another nightmare?" She asks me and my silence told her everything. "They're getting worst and more frequent. I'm worried Peter."

"I know I know. I'll be okay." I tell her as he look towards her, I lean in and give her a kiss. "Its just been a long couple years, taking a small toll."

"Maybe we should stay here a little longer, get away from the life for a while." She suggests but I just shake my head.

"You know I'd love nothing more. But you also know I can't help myself." I tell her, running a hand through my sweaty hair.

"I know, my boyfriend with the saviour complex." She says and I can sense the eye-roll without looking at her. I wrap an arm around her and we lie back down where she cuddles into my chest, running a finger around my stomach slowly. "Do you have to go to New York tomorrow?" I sigh before giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"You know I have to, my suit got torn to shreds on our last mission. I need to go get a new one. I've already sent a message to Tony to start the production and to send Vision with one of the spare Quinjets. It'll be fine." I tell her trying to reassure her but I knew nothing I said would get her to agree.

"But it's too risky to sneak back into America right now." She argues back, she's only worried and who wouldn't be. If Vision wasn't going to be here keeping an her company and watching her back I wouldn't be going at all. I was happy that Tony and Vision had basically renounced the Accords, doing their best to help the fugitive half of the Avengers where they could without Secretary Ross' knowledge. He would give us leads and information but he couldn't directly help and he only spoke in the way of his and my sub frequency or Vision would covertly visit. Tony and Steve continued not to be on speaking terms but Tony refused to let that stand in the way if I asked for help, his grudge was only with Steve at this point.

"I will be fine. I will get my new suit, check in with Ned and I'll be back before you know it." I say and I get a huff back which mean I had won this argument. "I promise you I'll find my way back to you like always."

"You better." She replies in another huff which made me laugh, I pull her up so head rested next to mine. I look at her and she tries her best to look mad at me but she was awful at staying mad. I lean in and give her a quick kiss which she returned.

"I love you." Her facade broke as I said this as I brush a strand a hair out of her face.

"I love you too."

"Okay, I'll see you soon. Viz, make sure to watch her back." I tell him giving him a pat on the back.

"Of course Peter. Mr. Stark told me to tell you he won't be at the compound but the suit will be ready."

"Will do. Did you make sure to turn off your transponder?"

"Of course."

"Okay. I love you Wanda." I tell her, I pull her in for a long kiss knowing I won't get to for a day maybe two."

"I love you too." She says against my lips as we finish. I get on the Quinjet and set the auto pilot for the Avengers compound.

"Scarlet, you with me?"