Chapter 4

"Ah!" Peter yells, body shooting up off the couch where he was sleeping.

"Nightmare?" Someone asks from the kitchen making Peter jump, he looks to see Nat getting a coffee from the kitchen.

"Yeah... yeah." Peter says wiping the sweat off his face.

"Why did you sleep in your room? It's exactly how you left it." She asks sitting in the armchair nearby.

"I... can't. I can't sleep in that bed without her." Peter tells her while grabbing his top and putting it on, "what time is it?"

"Five."

"Damn, I've only been asleep an hour," His mutters wiping his eyes "why you up?"

"I'm always up at this time. What was the dream about?"

"It was nothing."

"Pete-"

"Nat... please don't push. I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay... well I'm going to the training room. You're welcome to join me if you want but I recommend getting some more sleep." She says getting up and ruffling his hair. Peter should take her advice and go to sleep but he couldn't, not after that nightmare.

"Scarlet, are the devices finished?"

"Yep, all have been assembled and calibrated correctly."

"Damn it, I need a distraction."

"Might I suggest suits for the mission."

"No, that won't take that long. Tony's nano tech is easy to program, Bruce and Scott wanted to do that anyway."

"Anything left to be done on the Quantum Tunnel?"

"Nope, schematics and blueprints are finished. Just got to build it which we will do after Rocket and Bruce do their thing. That'll take a little while to do anyway." He tells her while running a hand through his hair sighing.

"What about the cloaking tech Tony was developing." Peters eyes go wide in realisation from her suggestion.

"This is why you're the best Scarlet. Get the lab ready, I'm going to take a quick shower." Peter says rushing to his room and showering as quickly as possible, if he got the cloaking tech done he could apply it to the suits and taking the stones would be ten times easier. While he dries off from the shower he took a look at himself in the mirror and he decided his beard needed a trim, it was getting out of hand. He grabs his razor and started trimming his neck and shaping the beard then he rinsed his face off and took another look at himself. He determined he looked much less like a homeless person now. "Much better," he says to his reflection before grabbing some fresh clothes and running off to the main lab. "Okay, get up all of Tony's research. There's a reason it's not finished otherwise he would've used it five years ago on Titan."

"Already up boss." Scarlet tells him as the holographic screens appeared.

"Let's get to it."

"Kid, wake up kid. Come on you need to get up." A muffled voice says near Peter, as he starts to stir awake he realises his face is lying down cold and flat. "Peter!" The voice shouts making him shoot up, Peter looks around the room dazed before looking at where the voice was coming from.

"Oh hey Rhodey."

"What's good kid."

"When did you get here?"

"Sometime ago, Nat said to let you sleep though since you didn't get much in the night." Rhodey tells him, Peter turns to look at the time and it was two in the afternoon.