Chapter 3

"Tony?!"

"This thing on?" The holographic image of his dead friend and mentor bends down and knocks his finger on whatever was recording. "Okay, good. Hey Peter," It says to him, not exactly looking at him dead on as Peter moved around watching the message, "right now it's a 11:30pm March 11th, 2017 and you are still on the run. And if you're looking into 'time travel' and this message is playing that means there is a very high chance of me being dead. What a bummer." Tony deadpans.

"What the hell." Peter says, he couldn't believe this was actually happening. "Scarlet shut it off."

"I can't, we can't access the file fully without this message being played in full." She tells him making Peter sigh in frustration.

"Damn it, Okay. Let me know when it's over." Peter says as he makes a move to leave the room.

"Peter..." Tony's hologram starts making Peter stop in his feet, "I'm sure that you're taking my death hard. I would be offended if you didn't." Peter shakes his head trying not to smile, he really did miss Tony and his awful jokes. "Look, I know you've lost a lot and had to endure more than your fair share of trauma."

"I'll say..." Peter mutters moving back to watch the message.

"If you're attempting to use time travel to bring me back in someway, I would argue that you shouldn't. We both know that time travel isn't like the movies and you can't just go back and change something in hope the future changes. So just appreciate what you still have and don't push anyone away," Tony says running his hand through his hair. Peter bit his lip in guilt as he has done exactly that, pushing away everyone especially the Avengers, "and I would rather you move on with your life than worry about lil ole me." Peters sighs, rubbing his hand over his beard. "That being said, if you're determined or believe you need my research then I trust your judgment. You were always the best of us, Peter."

"I know plenty of people who would argue against that."

"Before I go Peter, if I never get to tell you this let me say it now. Bringing you into the fold was one of the best things I ever did, you became the heart of this team that I didn't know we needed, you are one of the greatest men I have ever known. I hope you never have to see this message because... I would rather tell you this in person in the far far far future. Love ya kid." The message ended there and the hologram disappeared.

"Love ya too, Tony." Peter whispers to the empty spot.

"I now have access to his research, shall I run the simulations."

"Yeah, run the models. Even the ones Tony already ran. Notify me when they're done."

"Of course Peter, where are you going?"

"To talk to Natasha. Time I stop pushing away some of the only people I have left. Friday, where is Nat?"

"In the garage with Captain Rogers, Doctor Banner and Scott Lang?"

"Okay thank- Wait. Scott Lang?!"

Peter watches as they stand in front of a van, erratic and frantic as Scott was an old man. Then suddenly he was sucked into back into the van before returning as a baby. Peter would laugh if he wasn't baffled by the scene in front of him, finally Scott had come back to normal as they shut off the machine. Natasha turns to Bruce to say something but was stopped when she noticed Peter standing not far from them, "Peter? What are you doing here?"

"I'm... running a project, needed some information from Tony's files. Better question is, how the hell is he here?" Peter asks gesturing to the returned Scott Lang, aka Ant-Man.

"It's a long story." Scott says.

"I've got the time." Peter insists and so they go on to explain what happened with Scott, how he was in the middle of a Quantum tunnel experiments and how he got stuck in there and how he got here. Then they went on to explain Scotts plan to use the Quantum realm to travel back in time to get the stones and how they were running tests on it since none of them were experts. "Wow... okay... so I guess I wasted a year on tachyons for nothing."