Chapter 6

"Cap you good?" Peter asks, slapping his face lightly to make him up, Steve groans as he opens his eyes slowly, "ah that's a good sign."

"What happened?"

"Time doesn't like to be messed with, I assume this is it's payback." Peter says as helps Steve on his feet and passes him his shield. They walk out of the rubble to find Thor, who has been observing the newly arrived Thanos from a distance. "I knew this wasn't over."

"What's he been doing?" Steve asks

"Absolutely nothing." Thor tells them.

"Where are the stones?"

"Somewhere below us. Thing to focus on is that he doesn't have them." Peter says eyes focusing on Thanos

"So we keep it that way."

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor says to them.

"Yeah. And honestly? I couldn't give a rats ass." Peter says, gritting his teeth his temper building up the longer he looks at Thanos. He may not be the one who cut his hand off and snapped half the universe out of existence but that didn't matter to them.

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." Thor says as thunder cracks, Thor stretches out both hands to summon both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir. His casual clothes transform into his armour and cape, with his beard and getting tied and braided "Let's kill him properly this time."

"How's the hand?" Steve asks

"I've had much worse and continued to fight."

"Thats what I like to hear." The three walk over to confront Thanos face to face.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me." He says to them as they walk closer to him, "I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible." The three spread out a little, Cap in front of him, Thor and Peter either side of him, "And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yep. Stubborn beings we are."

"I'm thankful." Thanos tells them with a small smile in a hushed tone than made Peter blood boil. "Because now, I know what I must do." Thanos gets to his feet and faces his weapons, reaching up to grab his helmet, "I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then- with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given." Thor prepares himself, his two weapons lighting up and his eyes begin to glow, "A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve states.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them." He finishes getting into an attack stance, Peters mask appears and as Thor screams they all attack.

Peter gets there first with a punch going for the face, but Thanos blocks it with his double sided sword knocking Peter away, Thor and Steve come in next.

Steve throws his shield, but Thanos blocks it and dodges Thors launch of Mjolnir. They continue the fight, Peter launches a web bombs at his legs that explodes and coats Thanos' lower half in webbing leaving him stuck in position long enough for Thor and Steve to land significant hits but he then grabs Steve by the head and throws him into Thor, they were down for long but long enough for Thanos to cut his way out of the webbing, Peter took this time to web Thanos' face with an electric webbing shocking him, it made Thanos stumble back a few steps in pain and as he ripped off the webbing he was hit in the face by Peter with his left hand knocking him back a bit further.