Chapter 5: My Own Steel

From the Hand Demon's point of view, he saw Urokodaki in Tanjiro's place, back when the time he was hunting him down for murdering innocent people.

"Urokodaki!"

He felt his head falling to the ground as his eyes tumbled with unbelievable, and his gigantic body disappeared instantly. "Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! My body's crumbling and disappearing. I can't stop it!"

The Hand Demon watched you and Tanjiro kept the sword back into the sheath.

"Dammit! To think that the face of a Demon Hunter will be the last thing I'll ever see..."

The demon's eyes widened as Tanjiro turned around to meet with his guilty eyes, an unexpected thing from a demon slayer.

"How did it come to this? Why? Why on earth did I bite you to death, Ni-chan?"

Tanjiro went towards the remaining hand of the demon, you stood behind Tanjiro to watch him.

"What a sad scent." Tanjiro said before he reached his hand to you. You frowned at what he wanted to do before you placed your right hand on his. He placed his and your hands on the demon's hand, shocking the demon so much that it shed tears.

You took your hand off as Tanjiro leaned his forehead to it. "God... Please... The next time this man is reborn, please make sure he doesn't turn into a demon."

You watched the demon's hand disappear as you remembered Urokodaki's late disciples, including Sabito and Makomo, wishing them to rest in peace.

.

.

.

"Sabito, Makomo... and everyone else who was killed... We won. You can rest easy now."

Sabito stood up from the boulder before he jumped, and disappeared along with the former disciple, leaving Makomo as the last one.

"I guess you're going home as promised. Even though you're just souls, you're going back to Mt. Sagiri..."

Makomo then turned her back as she walked away, following the rest.

"...and to Urokodaki-san whom you love very much."

.

.

.

"If I'd ended up dead, my soul would've returned there, too."

Tanjiro was in deep thought, failing to realize that you had picked up the bandage before poking him.

"Come here. You're bleeding." Tanjiro bent his head a bit as you wrapped the bandage around his head carefully. "This would not infect until we passed the Final Selection."