Chapter 16: Letting Someone Else Go First

"You two found it?!" Tanjiro shouted as he was defending himself.

"Yeah! That way! I'm picking up a powerful vibe from over there!" Inosuke pointed in the direction with his sword.

"You are?" Tanjiro pushed the attacker away and had a wide smile. "Way to go, guys!"

Inosuke once again had fuzz balls around him before he quickly dodged the sword. "We gotta take care of these guys or we'll never get anywhere!"

"Some of us need to stay behind and get everyone out of this mountain, so they won't be controlled." You said as you looked at the slayers who got manipulated again.

"Damn. Isn't there... Isn't there any way at all?"

"Dammit!" You turned your head to Inosuke as he yelled, jumping on the ground. "What a pain in the ass! I'm just gonna demolish them all at once!"

"You can't do that! Back off! (Y/N)'s right! We need to get them out of the mountain! So, let's try not to hurt these--" Tanjiro got cut off as he saw a demon slayer attack him before Murata quickly protected him on time. "Murata-san?"

"Leave these guys to me and go on ahead!"

"What kind of talk is that, Mr. Pissed-My-Pants?"

"I NEVER PISSED MY PANTS, YOU STUPID BOAR!" Murata yelled back which made Inosuke angry and they started to argue during the fight. "I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU, SO YOU CAN JUST SHUT UP!"

Murata dodged before his sword clashed with another one. "I know that wasn't my finest moment back there, but I'm a Demon Slayer, too! I'll find a way to hold them off and get them out of here! Now I know I just need to slash the threads, and that these guys can only make the most elementary movements! I'll watch out for the spiders, too! There has to be people under even more control closer to the demon! So, you three go on!"

"Understood! We appreciate this! Let's go, guys!" Tanjiro ran past you and Inosuke as you followed him while holding Inosuke's waist, pulling him along.

"HEY, LET GO OF ME, DAMMIT! I WANNA POUND THAT GUY'S FACE FIRST! WHO'S HE CALLING 'A STUPID BOAR'?!"

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP?! JUST DROP IT AND GET OUT OF HERE!"

"I'M SO GONNA PUNCH YOU WHEN I GET BACK!" You three ran deep inside until Murata disappeared from view.

.

.

.

You finally let go of Inosuke as he kept yelling while you three running, "Dammit! I'm gonna punch that guy if it's the last thing I do!"

"Stop talking like that!" Tanjiro warned.

"He called me 'A stupid boar,' okay, Monjiro?!"

"It's 'Tanjiro'!" You both said in sync.

"So, anyway, we're heading the right way, right?" Tanjiro asked both of you.

"Yes. That demon doesn't move from the spot." You told Tanjiro as you could still see the aura of the Mother.

"My senses never lie! But..." Inosuke sensed the strings around his body and his head as he whined and tried to swat them away from him. "What the hell are these annoying threads?!"

"That's how close we're getting to the demon!" Tanjiro said as he shielded himself from the threads.

You quickly sliced all the threads with high speed so that the two didn't see you pull out the sword.

You three quickly stopped in your tracks as you found another group of manipulated demon slayers.

"Here's another bunch." Inosuke said.