Chapter 18: A Forged Bond

"It's no good! The blade won't go through!" Tanjiro shouted as he watched his sword didn't pierce through the Father's arm. As the Father used his other hand to punch Tanjiro, Inosuke used his sword to stop him but had the same effect as Tanjiro.

"So hard!"

The Father swatted the two as Tanjiro landed on the rock, thinking hard. "I can't slash him even if I use an attack! What should I do?! What should I do?!"

"DON'T COME NEAR MY FAMILY! STAY AWAY!"

Tanjiro jumped out of the rock as the Father punched it before he landed on the side. "What are you looking at? I'M OVER HERE! CURSE YOU!" Inosuke jumped as he tried to slice him but the Father effortlessly punched him into the river.

"Ouch!" Inosuke whined as he quickly came up from the river and was surprised by his brute strength. "All the force with just one swipe of its arm! It's not good! I'm not at full power! Not to mention, the bleeding's making me stumble!"

The Father began to chase after Inosuke in the river while you and Tanjiro ran on the side land, finding a way to save Inosuke.

"Water Breathing, Second Form... Improved, Lateral Water Wheel!" Tanjiro quickly used the Breathing style to cut the large tree in front of him. You then quickly grabbed it and lifted it up, surprising Tanjiro, before you chased after Inosuke and the Father.

"Inosuke!" You shouted to him who turned around to see you carrying a huge tree. Inosuke ran faster, away from the Father before you slammed the tree down onto him. You landed down on the river and pull Inosuke away from the demon.

"What was that? What's going on? How did you do that?" Inosuke asked with his head turned to you.

"There's no need to talk about it right now. We can only distract it for a while." You changed the subject as you grabbed his arm to help him stand up.

"Inosuke! You okay?!" Tanjiro asked him from the side. His head turned to see Tanjiro standing on the cut trunk.

"He did that? That was some move, dammit!"

You saw the bubble popping from the tree because the demon was trying to get out of it. "All right! We should be able to chop off that tough neck now!"

"Water Breathing... The final and most powerful form!" Tanjiro inhaled breath through his mouth as he prepared the attack.

Inosuke watched him as he thought to himself, "He's got a different air about him now. He's about to do something totally mind-blowing!" Inosuke then noticed your different gestures as you took a stance with your sword, ready for an attack. "The same with her!"

"Now we'll finish him off!" You shouted before you and Tanjiro sprinted towards the Father.

"Total Concentration... Water Breathing... Tenth Form!"

"Winter Breathing... Fifth Form!"

The Father suddenly stood up as he used the tree to block your swords. You quickly placed your hand on the tree before bouncing out.

"L-Look out!" Inosuke yelled as he watched you landing beside him but Tanjiro got thrown far away from you two.

"TANJIRO!"

"KENTARO!"

"I-INOSUKE! (Y/N)! DON'T DIE UNTIL I GET BACK! DON'T DIE! DON'T DIE! WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T DIE!"

You watched with desperation as Tanjiro's voice grew quieter as he landed somewhere far away from you. You grew worried that Tanjiro might encounter the Twelve Kizuki when you couldn't be there to protect him. And now you were stuck with Inosuke and the Father.