Chapter 25: Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri

"Just you again today, Tanjiro-san?" Aoi muttered as she only saw Tanjiro coming to train with her. You arrived at the training room as you stood far away from them, you decided to wear the butterfly clip Shinobu gave you today.

"I'm sorry! I did ask them to come, but..." Tanjiro said while bowing to her.

"Well, it doesn't matter to me." Aoi muttered as she crossed her arms, turning away from him.

"I'll give them another nudge later."

Aoi walked away from Tanjiro before you approached him, patting his back. "Don't worry about them, Tanjiro. You better train yourself first, and then you can handle them later."

Tanjiro nodded as he agreed with you. He stood up with your help pulling him, he stretched his arms a bit before he noticed a butterfly clip on your hair. "That butterfly clip looks good on you."

"Oh, thank you." You said with a smile as your hand touched the hairclip. "Shinobu-san gave it to me last night. I'm planning to give one to Nezuko too. I hope she will like it."

"That's kind of you, (Y/N). I'm sure that Nezuko will love it too." Tanjiro said before you both went to train.

.

.

.

You and Tanjiro began to train by climbing up the rope. You used one of your feet at the rope to stop yourself from falling while you watched Tanjiro struggling to climb up.

"I'm starting to get used to training while doing Total Concentration Breathing! Although I can sustain it all day unless I really get myself pumped up, the longer that I can keep doing Total Concentration Breathing, the bigger the stamina boost I get!"

You gasped as Tanjiro's hands slipped out of the rope and fell to the ground.

You then watched Tanjiro doing push-ups with Kiyo on his back and the two counted the numbers and cheered him. He then went to pull the bigger boulders in the afternoon and ran on top of the fence in the evening.

.

.

.

The next day, you came to the training room to watch the game of tag between Kanao and Tanjiro. They both stared at each other intensely until you yelled with your hand moved downward.

"Start!"

They both moved their feet immediately after the call. Tanjiro was an 'it' and Kanao had to get away from him.

"YOU CAN DO IT!" The girls shouted with hands raising.

Kanao dodged Tanjiro's hands swiftly but she was soon slightly surprised by his improvement in catching up with her.

"All his hard work is really paid back." You thought as you watched the match.

"Hey, I can chase after her! I'm able to chase right after that girl! I can keep up with her!" Tanjiro thought as he stared at Kanao's back. His hand went to grab her left wrist as he yelled out loud before Kanao swiftly moved her hand away.

"Tanjiro!" You gasped as Tanjiro stumbled to the ground. Kanao looked at her hand with an unknown expression before looking back at Tanjiro. "Are you okay?!" You asked after you came to his side as you bent down with your hands on your knees.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch!" Tanjiro groaned with eyes tightly closed.

.