Chapter 19: Hinokami

Tanjiro's eyes widened as he saw his sword get sliced in half, so he quickly dodged the thread, getting cut in the face in the process. He landed on the ground with his body shaking, he looked at his now broken sword with gritted teeth.

"No way! My sword!"

Tanjiro stumblingly stood up as Rui and his fake sister stared back at him. He could only grip the hilt as he panted loudly. "My sword got snapped! I can't believe it! The threads this boy is controlling... Does this mean they're even tougher than the body of that demon I couldn't slash? Forgive me, Urokodaki-san, Haganezuka-san!"

The image of Urokodaki and Haganezuka appeared in Tanjiro's mind. "Thanks to my inexperience, my sword is now broken!"

Tanjiro saw Rui flicking the thread to him as he quickly dodged from it. "No, this isn't the time for that! Think! Think! If I can't slash those threads, then let me get right up in his face!"

Tanjiro kept dodging the threads before he slid down and kneeled in front of Rui who had five threads on the ground. "It's no good! Those threads have a life of their own, and I can't get through their attacks! Even though he's holding back enough not to kill me, he's still overwhelming me to this degree!"

He then suddenly felt the box behind him shaking, he looked behind to see Nezuko had come out, her forehead was full of veins and her light pink eyes turned slit.

"Wait, Nezuko?!"

Nezuko only hummed angrily as she stood beside him, revealing herself to the two siblings.

"A girl emerged from the box on his shoulders. But she has the aura of a demon!" The Sister stated as she looked at Nezuko with slight fear in contrast to her fake brother.

"Well? Do you still refuse to take back what you just said?" Tanjiro only grunted in response. "Fine. In that case, you both will get slashed to ribbons."

Rui pulled his hand back, casting a huge spider web on the siblings which shocked Tanjiro completely. "I can't dodge them all! Nezuko!" Nezuko went to shield her brother but Tanjiro quickly pulled her in his arms and turned his back away from the spider web.

The red blood splashed all over the place in front of the siblings. Rui's eyes widened as he gasped at what he had just seen.

Tanjiro felt something wrong as he didn't feel pain from the threads. He looked down to see Nezuko was still with him. Suddenly a familiar scent came to his nose and his eyes shook violently. He turned around to see the most shocking thing his heart stopped beating for a second.

You were standing with your arms wide open, shielding them completely. The red blood sipped out of your dirty and now ripped white uniform and splashed to the ground, the sleeve of your haori got ripped as well. The two strands of your hair got cut before they regrow back.

"(Y/N)!"

"MMMMPH!"

You slowly turned around to them as you had a relief smile on your face. You chuckled a bit as the blood sipped out of your mouth and said in a quiet voice, "Glad I come in time."

You then fell backward as Tanjiro quickly grabbed you in time. Tanjiro quickly carried you in bridal style as he and Nezuko went to hide behind the tree and placed you down. Nezuko shrunk to her tiny form and went to your left side.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Tanjiro gently placed you down as he uttered, "You protected us! I'm sorry!"

"Who's that girl? She's a demon slayer. But her aura tells differently!" The Sister stated before she noticed Rui's body shaking with his mouth agape.